JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help Directv white universal control rc64 / rc65 codes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeh.esn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject: Help Directv white universal control rc64 / rc65 codes Reply with quote

I don't know if that's the right place for this kind of topic, if not, I'm sorry.

I'm from Brazil, and I'm trying to discover the advanced codes for the directv white universal control RC-64 / RC-65 if I'm not wrong.

What happens is that I want it to control my xbox as well and It has some kind of block that doesn't allow me to use some keys depending on the device selection...

One of those keys that were blocked are the sound keys, that I solved with a code, and now I want to use the color buttons just like the red blue yellow and green ones from xbox control.

Does anybody have any idea where I can find it?

Is there any possibility that those JP1 tools work on this device?

Another thing: I have a HT Sony DAV-S500 that I can control with this controller, but I can't change the function of it, like, to change from DVD to aux....

Here are some codes I found:

960- To setup the TV input key.

961- To program the remote for RF.
961 + CH Up turns the RF on
961 + CH Down turns the RF off.

981- Resets the remote to factory defaults.

990- To identify the setup code

991- Used to codesearch
991 + 0 Searches Sat codes
991 + 1 Searches Tv codes
991 + 2 Searches Dvd & Vcr codes
991 + 3 Searches Stereo codes

993- Changes Volume Lock
993 + Select Punches Through the volume to all devices
993 + VOL Up Unlocks volume in all devices
993 + VOL Down Unlocks the volume for that one device you're in.

works on all white remotes

973- Channel lock
973 + CH Up Locks the channel keys, which includes UP & Down, 0-9, and Prev Ch keys to the Sat device, in the Tv device
973 + CH Down Unlocks the channel keys in the tv device, and restores the commands to Tv.

It's a very nice and cheap universal control. I don't have the cable TV but here I can get this controller for free... There isn't any plug in the batteries compartment... But maybe there's something inside it.... I'll try to get another one to open and check...

If anybody has any idea, please, help me.

Thanks
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirecTV remotes can't use advanced codes. Sorry.

You can add a connector yourself but it's difficult and very impractical. HERE are the RDFs for both.

Last edited by mdavej on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've listed out some of the 9XX commands that are available on many UEI remotes. A more complete list.

Advanced codes (also termed EFCs) are programmed into the remote using the 994 command. However, DirecTV remotes don't accept the 994 command.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made up that list. Smile

https://www.dbstalk.com/community/index.php?threads/remote-control-questions.100939/#post-1232374

Last edited by MaskedMan on Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:50 am; edited 2 times in total
zeh.esn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you

Do you have any idea of where can i find some kind of tuto about installing this pin connector on the rc64 or other directv controller?

I found the rdf...
Tommy Tyler
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year we gave some thought to whether it was feasible to add a 6-pin header to a DirecTV remote. The conclusion we reached was that it was too difficult, at least for the typical forum member. Most remotes we deal with provide access to the programming header somewhere inside the battery compartment. Soldering a header to the main circuit board is impossible. And the entire opening in the battery compartment is just the width and less than the length of one AA battery, leaving no place for a connector. The best chances in the two low end model remotes are four wires soldered from the JP1.3 pads to a miniature connector at a hole cut into the lower case somewhere. But the B (backlit) model has the JP1.3 pad pattern located beneath the RF transmitter board where it is impossible to solder wires to. And removing the RF board for temporary access is very difficult and dangerous because of the rigid 4-pin soldered connector only about 1/4 inch long, that connects it to the main board. I peeled off one of the pin's pads trying to unsolder it with a standard soldering iron rather than using special equipment (hot air gun) that I know none of the members has.

These problems discourage all but the most skilled and experienced electronics technician from trying to modify a DirecTV remote, and explain why it never became popular with the forum.
zeh.esn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Tommy Tyler Reply with quote

Thank you.

Now I'm fine with it...

I'll try anyway to call directv (here in brazil called Sky) and ask them how to solve my problem with the colored buttons... if it doesn't work I'll buy that xbox universal remote... It shines... and works well... hehe

having 2 controllers is not that bad.

thanks
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're wasting your time calling Sky. It's impossible to change the function of individual buttons on the DirecTV remote.

But many cable remotes are JP1 remotes. So if you find some of those cheap or free, you can program them any way you like. The DirecTV remote is a dead end.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: