JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Telstra T-Box / Netgem 8000 series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John S

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Telstra T-Box / Netgem 8000 series Reply with quote

Greetings to the wonderful JP1 illuminati.

1. Device: Telstra T-Box -> made by Netgem, 8000 series
2. Type of device: Hybrid IPTV STB PVR
3. Year: 2010
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: 8910/10820N/Atlas/Comcast
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes but it's RF only
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? The remote is RF only but the box is capable of receiving IR codes.
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes

A guy at Remote Central has posted some hex code for this remote which he says he created using RTI IR software.

I believe the unit is also marketed by Fetch TV as a Smartbox 8000 or Smartbox 8320 or Technika Smartbox 8320HD.

There is an upgrade in the file section for a Technika 8230HD. I suspect the 8230 bit may be a typo but in any case the upgrade does not work with this box... totally unresponsive to all functions.

Many thanks in advance for any help.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Telstra T-Box / Netgem 8000 series Reply with quote

John S wrote:
Greetings to the wonderful JP1 illuminati.
A guy at Remote Central has posted some hex code for this remote which he says he created using RTI IR software.

Too EASY! Obviously you don't know that IR 8.03 allows you to add that pronto hex as a learn. You can either use it as a learn, or create an upgrade from the decodes.

Quote:

6. Still have original remote? Yes but it's RF only

This is a little concerning to me. I worry that if there is an IR receiver in the unit that you may have to do something to activate it.

Quote:

There is an upgrade in the file section for a Technika 8230HD. I suspect the 8230 bit may be a typo but in any case the upgrade does not work with this box... totally unresponsive to all functions.

Not surprising, this upgrade uses a different protocol.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hre's another way to get the info. Using JP1-Master 1.07 we see that there are two files for the brand NetGem, and both use NEC1 131.51. One is in Misc, and the other is in Slingbox RM files. Reverting back to All for the Brand name and choosing NEC1 as the protocol, device 131, we see that there is another file in Slingbox RM which is branded Neuf.

I believe that any of those will be a good start, and then you can augment from the Pronto Hex. At least the Power function code is the same.

NextGem 7600
Neuf TV
John S

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize that hex code was so easy to work with. Clearly I need to RTFM more.

Many thanks Vicky/3FG.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: