JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problem Downloading to IR (solved)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim978

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Problem Downloading to IR (solved) Reply with quote

I just replaced my old AV receiver with a Pioneer VSX-820-k. The Pioneer uses device code 1023 on my OFA 8820N remote. I used the remote's learning function to program direct inputs for DB, TV/Sat, CD, Tuner and Video, and those functions all were transferred without a problem.

However, when I try to download from the remote to IR in order to back up my settings, I get a "Division by Zero" error. Everything seems to download fine until the program gets to the Learned Signals. IR recognizes all of the older learned signals, but can't seem to read the newly learned signals. I am using version 8.03 of IR.

I would try entering advanced codes using Key Moves in IR ... if I knew the codes for this remote. Or maybe there is a better way around this problem. All ideas are welcome!

Thanks
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has the codes. You'll need to convert these to EFCs, but that can be done using the Pronto Hex Import capability of IR 8.03 on the Learned tab.
jimdunn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might also be worth checking this post, just in case your "Division by Zero" error can be fixed by updating jp12serial.dll.
I remember a while ago when I moved to my new (Tommy Tyler) interface, and updated all the software at the same time, IR gave that error until I updated jp12serial.dll too.
Might not help you, with your setup, but quick and easy to check, anyway.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case the dll is the problem, the current version is 0.18. However, the changes from 0.17 to 0.18 only affect non-Windows users. 0.17 should have been installed with IR 8.03.
Jim978

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone for all your help.

I checked my files, and found that I was running version .16 of jp12serial.dll. I updated to version .18, and am no longer getting the divide by zero error. Problem solved.

You guys are great!

Jim
jimdunn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim978 wrote:
I checked my files, and found that I was running version .16 of jp12serial.dll. I updated to version .18, and am no longer getting the divide by zero error. Problem solved.

Glad you solved it. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: