JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC 8820B to URC 8820N

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim978

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: URC 8820B to URC 8820N Reply with quote

I am replacing my URC 8820 because some of the frequently used keys are dying on me. My new remote also is an 8820, but this time the model number has changed from 8820B to 8820N. When I attempted to copy my saved data using IR, I discovered that these remotes are not identical and simply uploading the saved data won't do the job.

Is there a way to transfer my programming ... other than manually rekeying all the data?

Thanks!
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can regenerate and save each upgrade using RMIR (and, with difficulty, IR) from the IR file or by downloading from the old remote. So far as I know, the settings on the General tab, Key Moves, Macros, and Learned Signals have to be transferred by individual entry. Protocols are transferred as part of the upgrades.
To regenerate upgrades using RMIR, once the old remote image has been brought into the program--either by File\Load or Remote\DownloadFromRemote, click on the Devices tab, select an upgrade, and click on Edit. Then you can save the upgrade into a rmdu file.

Once all the upgrades from the old remote have been saved, you can download an image from the new remote (File\New\Remote Image... and select the RDF of the new remote) and go to the devices tab, click New, then Load for each saved upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: