JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chinavasion CVSB-983
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. The remote does seem to be enhanced since I bought mine. Can you explain a little more about the shifted functions? By shift, I assume you mean press the numlock button on the remote then left arrow in your example. What does that send exactly, 4 or g? If you press numlock more than once, do you get a different letter? If you press numlock only once, then the same key multiple times do you get different letters?

To answer your question, since the shifted and unshifted IR signals are the same, you'd need a macro on your Guide button with the shift command (numlock) and left arrow (4) to get "G".

If we can get the full alphabet out of this thing, I'll have to upgrade and get the new version.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buzzster wrote:
Vicky,

I am not sure what the XBMC interpretting codes are, but I am testing everything on a windows PC instead of doing all the test in XBMC(since that is what the original remote was designed for).
I did try it in XBMC andt he mouse and everything seemed to work good from your original KM upgrade (THANKS!), it is just that I have a desire to have a few extra letters mapped to some buttons on the remote (like info, guide, music, movies, etc...) and don't quite understand how to have those too (like the "g" above).

To tell you the truth, I'm not quite sure what I'm asking for, or if it exits.
The last time I got involved in XBMC, a little over a year ago, there was some XML code that defined the button actions. If there is anything like that, I'd like to see it. If not, oh well.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how my older version of this remote works, using left arrow / 4ghi as an example:

- Press left arrow -> move cursor left
- Press num lock then left arrow -> 4 (subsequent presses are also 4)
- Press num lock again then left arrow -> move cursor left

I never get any letters. Left arrow always sends the same IR signal in all cases.

Please post back with how the new version works.

Thanks
buzzster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

Mine is definitely an updated version.

Here's how my newer version of this remote works, using left arrow / 4ghi as an example:

- Press left arrow -> move cursor left
- Press num lock then left arrow -> g (subsequent presses within a sec go through h.....i....4.... and then back to g)
- Press num lock again then left arrow -> G (subsequent presses within a sec go through H.....I......4.... and then back to G)

I can uniquely learn the "left arrow", the "g", and the "G". They all have the same OBC, but the hex code of the learned data is different per my previous post.

It appears you can not learn h,H,i,I,or 4 as these subsequent button presses seem to be an interpretation by the IR receiver driver (I know this because I can cover the transmitter on the first press and then quickly uncover it for the 2nd press and still get a "g".

Hope that makes sense.

Even though I can learn a unique "g", I still don't know if it can ever exist within the same KM or RM upgrade as the "left arrow" as again they share the same Device, OBC, Hex Cmd, and EFC .

Maybe someone on here know that?

For now, I have given up on using letters and was able to just take advantage of mapping other keyboard commands that the remote sends to custom commands in XBMC.... ie. "TAB", "Alt-F4", "CTRL-ESC", "Ctrl+Alt+C".

Vicky:

Your recall is correct, I changed the mappings in a file called keyboard.xml... here is a sample...

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<tab>Info</tab>
<tab mod="alt">ContextMenu</tab>
<c mod="ctrl,alt">XBMC.Suspend()</c>
</keyboard>
</global>

3FG,

Will get you the learn codes soon....

Thanks to all!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
To answer your question, since the shifted and unshifted IR signals are the same, you'd need a macro on your Guide button with the shift command (numlock) and left arrow (4) to get "G".

If we can get the full alphabet out of this thing, I'll have to upgrade and get the new version.

Or we could create a protocol that sends a series of key presses.

I don't know squat about XBMC, although I did attempt an AppleTV XBMC protcol but tildajones lost interest before we were done.

It will be interesting if buzzster can stick with us through the trial and error process. It does take some time to get things up and running correctly.

So buzzster are you in for the long haul?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
venin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for waking an old thread, but I just received this remote and can't get it to wake my PC (win 7) from sleep. Any ideas?
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

venin wrote:
Sorry for waking an old thread, but I just received this remote and can't get it to wake my PC (win 7) from sleep. Any ideas?

Most likely the receiver or the USB port/hub went to sleep along with the computer.

There should be a "allow this device to wake up the computer" setting somewhere in the power management control panel.
venin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've set "allow this device to wake up computer" on all the devices possible in device manager.

And both my usb mouse and keyboard is able to wake it from sleep just fine.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

venin wrote:
I've set "allow this device to wake up computer" on all the devices possible in device manager.

And both my usb mouse and keyboard is able to wake it from sleep just fine.

Sounds like the device isn't compatible to wake up your computer then.
venin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but I've seen people write that Chinavasion CVSB-983 IS able to wake from sleep.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

venin wrote:
Yeah, but I've seen people write that Chinavasion CVSB-983 IS able to wake from sleep.

Yeah, but apparently not for your computer. You might ask the people who have it working with their computer configuration. I personally suspect there's no power going to the receiver for it to acknowledge the IR command from the remote to wake up.
venin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually tried 4 different computers and none of them wakes from sleep. It's weird.

Maybe I should just get another remote.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

venin wrote:

Where have you seen people write this? Maybe that's the place the write your question, so you get their attention.
venin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately it was reviews on Amazon which are not very easy to get response from. But I'll give it a go.

Thanks.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

venin wrote:
Unfortunately it was reviews on Amazon which are not very easy to get response from. But I'll give it a go.

Thanks.

Have you verified whether or not the USB ports that you're plugging the receiver into still have power even while asleep? If your keyboard or mouse are connected via USB instead of PS/2 then try swapping the receiver with one of those ports. Also, you may want to check the BIOS's suspend mode settings maybe opting for a lower setting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: