JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Code for GE DVD for 15-100 remote?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim14

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Code for GE DVD for 15-100 remote? Reply with quote

I picked up a couple 15-100 and may add the JP1 connector. But for now I am just using the built in codes. I have a DVD player: GE1101PB. I have tried the codes listed (20522, 20815, 20717) but no success. Is it possible that another code would work or do I need to use JP1?

I have noticed that most of my other equipment uses codes that are similar to the shorter codes used for the 1994 remote but others are completely different even though similar codes are listed. This is a completely different issue and just wondering if this is correct. BTW, I haven't tried the 1994 with the DVD player.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, try each of those codes again, and try ALL the keys again. To make sure that that none of them work. The 20717 has been reported to use different power codes, and if you only tried the power key, you may have missed it.

If those don't turn up ANY functions
[2]0000
[2]0035
[2]0048
[2]0060
[2]0149
[2]0202
[2]0240
[2]0807
[2]1035
[2]1060

If none of the these setup codes turn up any functionality, try a *990 code search.

If you turn up ANY functionality report it back here, and we'll have something to work with.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Jim14

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I got 20717 to work on the 3rd try. Part of the issue is that the remote has limited functionality (power is a manual button only, for one). I finally did some side by side tests with the original remote to make sure the functions I was trying worked with the original remote.

Last edited by Jim14 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, do you still not have a JP1 cable for any of your remotes? Your "toggle" post was in the General JP1 forum, so we all assumed that you were a JP1 user now.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim14 wrote:
Thanks. I got 20717 to work on the 3rd try. Part of the issue is that the remote has limited functionality (power is a manual button only, for one). I finally did some side by side tests with the original remote to make sure the functions I was trying worked with the original remote.

I'm a little confused as to how this would not work, but glad you got it working now. Now we know what kind of signals the remote uses and we have an upgrade for a GE DVD player that uses the same signal structure.

This upgrade should have EFC's for any missing function.
GE1101P 20

Good luck

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: