JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ir generates the error when loading from the remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tpaxadpom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Yeah, it isn't possible to extract the contents of a setup code directly from your remote, but in this case the Lookup Tool (link at the top of this page) wil do a pretty good job. There's a few duplicate entries, but you can look up setup code TV 0679, click on EFCs and enter the EFCs into RM. A few minutes will do the job.

Lookup Tool? I don't see any links. I have some banners on the top but nothing related to this tool though.
I will play with different upgrade files, use Pioneer library if I get lucky I will generate an upgrade file and share with everyone. I saw at least one person looking for one with 8910 remote and he doesn't have cable (it was 2 years ago).
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tpaxadpom wrote:
Lookup Tool? I don't see any links. I have some banners on the top but nothing related to this tool though.
I will play with different upgrade files, use Pioneer library if I get lucky I will generate an upgrade file and share with everyone. I saw at least one person looking for one with 8910 remote and he doesn't have cable (it was 2 years ago).

I don't know how you have your browser set up, but there are some very important links at the top of this page. There are more than these, but you should be familar with these to get the most out of the forum experience.

FAQ, Search,
Profile, You have [no] new messages, Log out
File Section, File Search, Lookup Tool, Wiki

I've provided a direct link to the lookup tool
Lookup Tool

When you get there, it requires that you allow java script. It lets you lookup the setup codes and shows all the efc's that you might find associated with keys. It varies a lot from remote to remote, especially in the Audio number section portion. This will give you the information to fill in the RM sheet on the basic keys. It lets you also search by brand of equipment, and by protocol.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.

Last edited by vickyg2003 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:23 am; edited 2 times in total
cauer29

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tpaxadpom wrote:

A.A. I just found the original remote for Samsung OTA tuner, installed batteries and tested. Long keypress doesn't send multiple commands in sequence(no duplicates). I'm pretty positive that is 1B5 protocol that duplicates those commands.

Well, then there must've been a change in production with respect to the behavior of the remote or STB, since my original remote transmits the identical signal as the 15-100 with the 1B5 protocol. Ideally you need a widget or some other method of recording precisely what your original remote is sending, in order to sort out what is different between the 1B5 protocol and your original remote. Since you're not able to download from the remote with learned cmds, we can't find any clues there either.

If you're happy with the manual settings protocol, then there's no point in pursuing this. I may download your IR file with the manual settings and compare the output between that and the 1B5 protocol, to see what might be different anyway. Perhaps the manual settings protocol doesn't repeat at all? That is, you should be able to press and hold ch+ or the arrow keys and get repeating. If you don't, then that's why the manual settings protocol never causes unintended repeats. The original remote that came with my Samsung STB certainly repeats for intended long key presses and so does the 15-100 with 1B5 protocol.

A.A.
tpaxadpom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
tpaxadpom wrote:

I don't know how you have your browser set up, but there are some very important links at the top of this page. There are more than these, but you should be familar with these to get the most out of the forum experience.

FAQ, Search,
Profile, You have [no] new messages, Log out
File Section, File Search, Lookup Tool, Wiki

I've provided a direct link to the lookup tool
[url=http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/lookup/]? Lookup Tool[/url]

When you get there, it requires that you allow java script. It lets you lookup the setup codes and shows all the efc's that you might find associated with keys. It varies a lot from remote to remote, especially in the Audio number section portion. This will give you the information to fill in the RM sheet on the basic keys. It lets you also search by brand of equipment, and by protocol.

That is awesome. I learn something new about JP1 everyday. Thanks. This will be the way to go to start creating an upgrade.
tpaxadpom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cauer29 wrote:
tpaxadpom wrote:

A.A. I just found the original remote for Samsung OTA tuner, installed batteries and tested. Long keypress doesn't send multiple commands in sequence(no duplicates). I'm pretty positive that is 1B5 protocol that duplicates those commands.

Well, then there must've been a change in production with respect to the behavior of the remote or STB, since my original remote transmits the identical signal as the 15-100 with the 1B5 protocol. Ideally you need a widget or some other method of recording precisely what your original remote is sending, in order to sort out what is different between the 1B5 protocol and your original remote. Since you're not able to download from the remote with learned cmds, we can't find any clues there either.

If you're happy with the manual settings protocol, then there's no point in pursuing this. I may download your IR file with the manual settings and compare the output between that and the 1B5 protocol, to see what might be different anyway. Perhaps the manual settings protocol doesn't repeat at all? That is, you should be able to press and hold ch+ or the arrow keys and get repeating. If you don't, then that's why the manual settings protocol never causes unintended repeats. The original remote that came with my Samsung STB certainly repeats for intended long key presses and so does the 15-100 with 1B5 protocol.

A.A.

I can press ch+ and arrow keys and I get repeated commands send out with Manual settings protocol. Pressing and holding any numeric keys doesn't do that (just like the original remote).
cauer29

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tpaxadpom wrote:
cauer29 wrote:
tpaxadpom wrote:

A.A.

I can press ch+ and arrow keys and I get repeated commands send out with Manual settings protocol. Pressing and holding any numeric keys doesn't do that (just like the original remote).

Dredging up this thread now that I've discovered the reason why the 1B5 Samsung36 protocol behaves differently than the original Samsung remote on the H260F STB. It appears that Samsung have a 60ms leadout cutoff. That is, if the off portion of the leadout is longer than 60ms, then it assumes that any further detected signals that are the same as the previous, are new keypresses. If the off time of the leadout is less than 60ms, then it assumes that it's a long keypress. For keys that are expected to repeat (ch+, arrow keys, etc), the STB acts on the first one and then waits a few hundred milliseconds before repeating, as long as there is never a leadout with off time greater than 60ms. If there is a leadout off time greater than 60ms, then it assumes a new keypress and acts immediately. This frequently leads to repeated actions when not wanted.

I can press the right arrow key with a short tap and get just one right arrow action, but if I just do a normal keypress, the 1B5 Samsung protocol repeats with a leadout off time greater than 60ms and I get 2 or 3 right arrow actions. This is especially frustrating when you're trying to enter numeric values. Instead of '1', you get 11 or 111. Shortening the leadout off time to less than 60ms, fixes it and then you can hold the 1 key down as long as you want and the STB dutifully ignores all the repeats since they're due to a long keypress and nobody is really expecting the 1 key to repeat in action.

I see some descriptions of the Samsung36 protocol saying that the leadout off time is 59154, but this is apparently not what is actually implemented in the 1B5 Samsung protocol, since I always get numbers more like 61136. I suppose that this could be due to some additional overhead. In any case, the 1B5 Samsung protocol as it exists does not work correctly with the Samsung STB. I expect this behavior extends to other Samsung equipment too. I have an ancient Samsung BDP1000 around here somehwere that also uses the same protocol. I'll see if that one is also afflicted in the same way.

I briefly reviewed the assembler listing for the 1B5 protocol and nothing jumped off the page at me as corresponding to the leadout off time. So, I don't know what to change to trim the leadout off time.

Any experts willing to tweak the 1B5 protocol (8910 + 15-100).

A.A.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the Samsung executor as shown in protocols.ini
43 8C 31 8B 12 8F 45 08 04 00 FA 02 CD 00 FA 00 E5 77 6F 08 CF 08 B4 E4 06 07 60 07 F0 05 0C 04 10 07 10 06 10 05 0A F8 20 10 E6 25 11 8D 01 61

I've bolded 77 6f -- this is the leadout duration in 2uSec intervals -- 61150uSec. Change it to something like 72 00 which is 58,368. You can edit protocols.ini or at any further point before uploading to the remote.
cauer29

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Here's the Samsung executor as shown in protocols.ini
43 8C 31 8B 12 8F 45 08 04 00 FA 02 CD 00 FA 00 E5 77 6F 08 CF 08 B4 E4 06 07 60 07 F0 05 0C 04 10 07 10 06 10 05 0A F8 20 10 E6 25 11 8D 01 61

I've bolded 77 6f -- this is the leadout duration in 2uSec intervals -- 61150uSec. Change it to something like 72 00 which is 58,368. You can edit protocols.ini or at any further point before uploading to the remote.

Wow, that was fast! Thanks. I'll edit the value and try it.

A.A.

Edit: Confirmed. Working exactly as expected (repeats only when it should) for both the STB and Bluray player.

The BDP1000 bluray player appears to have a leadout cutoff of ~104ms which was actually just fine with the original 776F leadout. The H260F STB on the other hand, cuts off right at 60ms which is awfully close to the leadout off time of its own remote and the original 776F fails on that one readily.
tpaxadpom

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. You guys are just awesome. I got my macbook pro yesterday and started programming my 15-100. Apple remote requires 01FF protocol and I had a conflict with my Samsung 01FF protocol. I decided to dig my old thread to see what kind of problems I had before and here you are with the solution to my problem. I changed my Samsung back to 1B5 with correct timing in protocol and my problem is solved. Much appreciated. No reason to start a new thread. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: