JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Frustrating Altas/usbmce/Lirc/Ubuntu/xbmc problem! [SOLVED!]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
It works for me. What version of Excel? Do you have the VBA Analysis Toolpak options turned on? Mike has upgraded some of the tools not to need this, but others are still on the waiting list.

This should have an added a Decode Tab, and changed a few entries in the the main spreadsheet.

Excel 2003. I did not originally have Analysis Toolpak on, but even with it (and the VBA version) I don't get the new tab and just get '!VALUE' in a lot of the boxes.

xnappo
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
I have played *a lot* with the gap number and while it does make it behave 'different' I haven't found a number that works well.

Are you saying to try 104700/105300? I certainly have not tried those exact numbers, I have been changing it by the 1000s not the 100s.

Thanks,
xnappo

Remember, I'm not a technical person. Everything I know about infrared I learned from this forum. But when I look at your signals in IRSCope, that 105000 number looks to be where the second frame is supposed to start. The Atlas learns were a little off from the original.

From your original learns, and if there has been some tweaking done, I haven't followed, since I'm working in rustic conditions. (No jp1.2/3 interface and dialup connection speed). But from your original Atlas learns the timeout 70164 for even and 70616 for odd. Since the 164 is working but the 616 is not, we need to adjust the time that Lirc is listening or change the leadout time to match the original signal. Your experiment makes this evident. Lirc is just plain not listening anymore when there is 452 more uS of quiet time.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:
It works for me. What version of Excel? Do you have the VBA Analysis Toolpak options turned on? Mike has upgraded some of the tools not to need this, but others are still on the waiting list.

This should have an added a Decode Tab, and changed a few entries in the the main spreadsheet.

Excel 2003. I did not originally have Analysis Toolpak on, but even with it (and the VBA version) I don't get the new tab and just get '!VALUE' in a lot of the boxes.

I'm working with 2003, PB4.01 and everything is working correctly. I'll be downloading all the tools later today, but to me it sounds like you may have corrupted your PB sheet. (I do this quite often). I'd recommend re downloading the spreadsheet, and I'll confirm that the latest and greatest still works with 2003 later tonight.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:

From your original learns, and if there has been some tweaking done, I haven't followed, since I'm working in rustic conditions. (No jp1.2/3 interface and dialup connection speed). But from your original Atlas learns the timeout 70164 for even and 70616 for odd. Since the 164 is working but the 616 is not, we need to adjust the time that Lirc is listening or change the leadout time to match the original signal. Your experiment makes this evident. Lirc is just plain not listening anymore when there is 452 more uS of quiet time.

I am sure you are on to something, but playing with the gap had no effect. I also tried turing off the CONST_LEGNTH parameter and tweaking the gap.. Still a no-go.

Wish I could get PB to work. I tried re-downloading but it did not work. I have some other junk installed into Excel at work that may be conflicting, and don't have it at home - so I may be out of luck. Though it does seem to be working other than the decode function. Perhaps someone could post the MCE protocol in PB format for me?

[EDIT] Nevermind - got PB to work. I copied and pasted from this forum instead of Gmail(which I used to get it to my work computer), and it worked. Of course I am not too sure where to go from here..

xnappo
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a PB file for the standard MCE protocol:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9252

I have tried tweaking the times so that they should match Chris' learns, the modified PB file is here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9253

Here's the modified executor:

Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 2A (S3C8+) MCE modified (PB v4.02)
40 9A 41 8B 0D 00 05 46 01 AA 00 D2 00 00 00 00
00 CD 76 03 02 6B 08 76 00 01 6B 03 B6 06 80 76
03 01 6B 0B 56 03 FE 76 00 01 6B 03 46 03 01 1C
12 F6 01 4C 38 03 F6 FF 7A F6 FF 55 B0 C6 87 36
04 F6 FF 7E 6E 37 64 F6 C6 F8 88 64 F6 01 58 F6
01 0A 7B DB AF 76 03 01 6B 0B F6 FF 70 F6 FF 70
F6 FF 75 8B 10 1C 1A F6 FF 75 F6 FF 75 F6 FF 70
1C 16 8D 01 4C 1C 1A 8D 01 4C 4C 04 8B 02 4C 08
37 3F 08 F6 FF 75 F6 FF 70 8B 06 F6 FF 70 F6 FF
75 90 C3 4A EB AF
End
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
[EDIT] Nevermind - got PB to work. I copied and pasted from this forum instead of Gmail(which I used to get it to my work computer), and it worked. Of course I am not too sure where to go from here.

When you paste, are you doing "Paste Special" then selecting "values" ? If not, you should be.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Here's a PB file for the standard MCE protocol:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9252

I have tried tweaking the times so that they should match Chris' learns, the modified PB file is here:

Thanks Rob. It is definitely better at recognizing the repeats now... But still misses key presses and repeat is not nearly as smooth on odds vs. evens without the hack to the receiver setup.

Any tips on other PB fields to play with?

It is also improved using the 'hack' regarding ignoring headers in the receiver config. The combination of that and your tweaks is quite usable now. Definitely just down to a game of understanding the root cause of the OEM working better than the Atlas at this point.

Thanks!
xnappo
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you learn some buttons from my upgrade so we can compare the learns to the OEM learns that you posted earlier.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Could you learn some buttons from my upgrade so we can compare the learns to the OEM learns that you posted earlier.

Err.. Weird, my RCARCR05B refuses to learn from that upgrade.

If this is an excuse to buy an IR widget, I am game Very Happy

xnappo
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's weird, all I did was adjust the freq and timings a little.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
That's weird, all I did was adjust the freq and timings a little.

I am sure I was learning - I tried the OEM remote and it was learning it fine.. This protocol resulting in a long blink instead of the normal two short blinks. Strange.

xnappo
cauer29

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I think I had in my mind that POWER-ON and POWER-OFF where discrete codes rather than the same button. Anyway, are you saying that the TV will register the DUMMY button even when it's off?

For example, would this work...

1) POWER (t=0) - this turns the TV off
2) DUMMY (t=1) - does nothing
3) POWER (t=0) - turns the TV back on

If this does work, you could add the DUMMY button before the POWER button in all of your macros, and it should work. Actually, we could modify the executor itself to always send the DUMMY command before all other commands, as a way of resetting the toggle. That is, assuming that we can find a good DUMMY code that does nothing but is recognized by the device.

Yes, the TV receiving the dummy key, even while it's off, cancels any toggle expectation for the pwr key and all others except the dummy key. So it does work and it's how I originally dealt with pwr on/off. I just used EFC 000 for the dummy key since this TV doesn't doesn't have anything for that EFC. The 8910 executes macros really fast. So, the extra time wasn't even noticeable. This is all now handled by a home automation controller that deals with the "macro". The controller knows nothing about toggle state and only deals with learned cmds. So, the dummy key is required to get the TV to accept the fixed toggle state of the learned pwr key. It would never work without the dummy key, since every time the controller turns the TV off, the next key the TV would ever see is pwr with the same toggle state from the controller and the TV would ignore it.

Perhaps a simpler way of thinking about how the toggle state works is that the TV considers the OBC and the toggle bit together, as one function. There are 2 forms of every function, one with T=1 and one with T=0. Two identical functions in a row and the second one is ignored. So, pwr(0) followed by pwr(0) is considered a repeat and is to be ignored. Pwr(0) followed by pwr(1) is different, as is pwr(0) followed by dummy key(0), since pwr does not equal dummy key. No, match. So, it's accepted and if dummy key was actually something the TV could do, it would act on it.

A.A.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be an interesting exercise to create a special version of this protocol that always sends a single occurrence of the dummy button before every button, to cancel out the toggle.

I assume you are using the RC5 protocol?
cauer29

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
It might be an interesting exercise to create a special version of this protocol that always sends a single occurrence of the dummy button before every button, to cancel out the toggle.

I assume you are using the RC5 protocol?

Yes, RC5 protocol. That would be really cool to have a protocol that automatically cancels out the toggle expectation. I'd be more than happy to test it out if you create something. I'm imagining a dead Philips engineer spinning in his grave at the thought of someone undoing all his hard work on the toggle function.

FWIW I also verified the same toggle rules apply to the MCE protocol used by the XBOX 360. Even though MCE is using a different bit for the toggle function than RC6, it still has no timeout and any other key cancels the toggle state expectation.

A.A.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: