JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RCA RCRP05B
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
R2-M0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: RCRP05B Reply with quote

hwiggers wrote:
After looking at the postings here, I found one of these beasties for $14.50 on eBay. Could not pass it up.It works fine, but I have trouble getting the delays to work in macros.

See my posting here for what I did to get pauses to work on the RCRP05B
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have apparently not added the required protocol upgrade for the Pause protocol. See the output tab of RM to get it.

I write "apparently" because I cannot look at your actual IR file to state this definitively. It only takes a few mouse clicks to do, but so many people have to be asked to upload any misbehaving files to the diagnosis area to allow help to be more timely and accurate.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
hwiggers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: RCRP05B pause Reply with quote

Thanks for response. The problem was solved after I followed the instructions posted by R2-M0. The RM outputs a a 01FB upgrade but that does not seem to work. The 01F0 code from R2-M0 works fine. It's really great to get such a quick response on a question. Next time I will remember to upload the IR code.
Cheers,
Hans
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally we get the code from Remotemaster or Keymap Master. At thsi point in time, this remote is an exception. The Pause protocol that we usually use has a conflict in the RCA RCRP05B. How DARE UEI do that. Twisted Evil

I posted instructions for this int the RCA RCRP05B's extender area, along with a protocol to turn on the phantom LEDs.

To install the Pause, copy this Device and paste it in the Device Tab

Code:
Upgrade Code 0 = 08 00 (Cable/0000) (RM v2.00-preview7)
 F0 00 01
End

Copy this Protocol and paste it in the Protocol Tab

Code:
Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 F0 (S3F80) Pause Protocol (Special) (RM v2.00-preview7)
 00 00 01 28 03 C6 C0 00 00 0A FE 1A FC 2A FA AF
End

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
bobbyt8888

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to add this device and protocol but the original Pause is still called when I try to add the Special Function.

If I delete the original Pause device, the Special Function tab doesn't have a Pause function to choose from the drop-down menu.

Could you perhaps describe the correct procedure in more detail?

Thanks.
bobbyt8888

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed the problem by cutting and pasting the code supplied by R2-M0 in thread:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=81579#81579

I wasn't able to create a new Pause using RM v2.02 Beta 1.5w since it wouldn't let me select an alternate PID for either one of the Pause protocols. I'm assuming v1.95 that R2-M0 used allowed that.

I'd feel a lot better if I knew a way to make this work with the current tools.

BTW, when I go to the link to download RM v2.02a, it contains v2.02 Beta 1.5w. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I'm hoping Vicky or unclemilte make some sense of of this.

Thank you all for the countless hours you devote to this. It's great having this community to rely on.

EDIT: As it turns out, all of this was unnecessary. When I started over with a factory image and added the Common v3.02 extender, the Pause functioned correctly. Not sure what I did wrong initially...

-- Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: