JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RCA RCRP05B
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: RCA RCRP05B Reply with quote

I need some helpers for this extender. I am hoping to have this BEAST up and ready for testing in a week or two. This is taking a lot more time than I had anticipated.

I'd like to line up some testers. Newbies are welcome to do this.

But I also need some help with the documentation, because I'm running out of time. The documentation will be similar to the 10820N except that the DSM uses the built in code DSM facility. It will also need to have information about the LED fix.

Any volunteers?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Raul_Giacoman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: RCA RCRP05B Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I need some helpers for this extender. I am hoping to have this BEAST up and ready for testing in a week or two. This is taking a lot more time than I had anticipated.

I'd like to line up some testers. Newbies are welcome to do this.

But I also need some help with the documentation, because I'm running out of time. The documentation will be similar to the 10820N except that the DSM uses the built in code DSM facility. It will also need to have information about the LED fix.

Any volunteers?

I would be willing to be a tester. I have three of these remotes and would love to have an extender for them.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
R2-M0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in too.
dolivas27

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in too. I have a bunch of these here waiting for your extender....

Thanks...
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh good.

First order of business is Multi-Macros. In the unextended remote there are three keys available for multimacros (macro1, macro2, ondemand).
While we are limited to three multimacro keys, do we want these keys user defined instead of the predefined keys? cost = (8 byte change) plus complicated instructions.

mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never use them, so I vote no.
R2-M0

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
I never use them, so I vote no.

Yeah, what he said.

If there's somebody out there who's found a really great use for multi-macros and would therefore love such a feature, I wouldn't try to block its implementation. But I personally would have no use for it.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I for one have a very good use for these, "Theme based FAV functionality". Personally I like the FAV format better because its more efficient use of memory but with this remote extended there is so much memory that it really doesn't matter.

Why Theme based FAVs?

I was forced into digital service by Comcast. They gave me two different digital style boxes. The channel numbers are different from one room to the other! Also before I had the STB, I used to edit my channel list on my TV so that Ch+ and Ch- only went to channels I want.

With the STB, there is no way to edit the channel list because they are all dumbed down to channel 3. No program guide channel that lists whats on. And since the TV is not changing the channel as you skip through the channels on the box the information that the TV used to display isn't showing either. I feel like I took 10 technology steps backwards. So anyway, I like to scan through the TV channels that are of interest to ME, to US and to HIM, and after each channel, change the TV to channel 3 so that it redisplays the current program information.

vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This extender is on permanent hold. Apparently I did something terribly wrong with this remote, and now it won't allow itself to be reset.

dolivas27

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
This extender is on permanent hold. Apparently I did something terribly wrong with this remote, and now it won't allow itself to be reset.

Vicky do you need a new remote? I could send you one tomorrow just let me know.

Thanks,
dolivas
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks Dolivas. They sell these where I buy groceries, so I'll pick one up to have on hand, but I'm a little skitish about getting started again.

unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Vicky was having trouble with the remote, she essentially guilted me into getting off my butt and do something about this remote. I'm in the middle of porting the Atlas extender to this remote. It's up and running, I'm in the middle of debugging the HT setup since I had to switch to the 8900-style Dev_device,Set_key to saave some keycodes.

soon....

-bill
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guilted? I thought the technical term for this would be re-infected. Laughing

hwiggers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: RCRP05B Reply with quote

After looking at the postings here, I found one of these beasties for $14.50 on eBay. Could not pass it up.It works fine, but I have trouble getting the delays to work in macros. I use the delay command from remote master and edit the resulting key moves in I.R. The problem is the delay does nothing. There is a delay grayed out in the special protocols in IR for this device. I am relatively newbie so if anyone can help me I would appreciate.
Cheers,
Hans
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: