JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Clarification on Yamaha RX-V765

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ve3lnc

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Clarification on Yamaha RX-V765 Reply with quote

1. Device: Yamaha RX-V765
2. Type of device: Audio
3. Year: 2009
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Atlas 1056 B01
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? In the mail!
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? 0176
10. Learning remote question? No
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes

I have been able to add EFC codes to the base for power, etc. and then ran through all 256 EFC codes to find and add Scene (Preset Input selection). I used http://hifi-remote.com/codes2/amp_0176.shtml as a guide. Most of these codes will not work with the RX-V765, although a few do.

In reading through the posts it seems that the protocol used for this family of receivers is quite complex and cannot be sent with an unmodified remote.

Scene 1 selection requires a 7A-007F (for ID1) and 7A-007E (for ID2) as defined at http://www.awe-europe.com/documents/STD_IR_RX-V1065_765_665_565_465_rev1.0.pdf. I gather that there is no combination of EFC's and macros that can be created to send the required code. True or False?

If that is true, then it seems quite complex to create a build for my remote just to handle the four scene selection codes. There are many complex posts (for a beginner) describing this process (re the "Gap" protocol problem).

See:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12373
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=85687#85687
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11604
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11789

For a beginner these posts are overwhelming! Is there a particular post or download that you could recommend that provides an easy (?) process to do this for a newbie? I gather this a little more difficult that just doing a simple remote update.

As there are a lot of Yamaha audio units out there this might make a nice sticky.

Steve
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't recreate the "gap" protocol without a JP1 cable, so wait until your cable arrives and then ask for help again and we'll get you set up, no problem.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

I'm sure the discussions you cited were where we figuring out how to figure out all the ins and outs of the protocol. At first we only had a few learns that were not being decoded correctly.

At first I made a helper protocol called Yamaha gap protocol to accomodate a few learns that we had. When we found out how complicated yamaha was combining these signals, Rob wrote a combo protocol that makes this easier and he added protocol support in KM.

Basically its now a piece of cake, and many of the experts know enough about the Yamaha GAP signal to help you if you run into trouble.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can now also build this upgrade using RemoteMaster 2.00. RM needs a slight augmentation; the necessary files are here .
ve3lnc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Learning Protocols? Reply with quote

I just purchased a learning remote, RCA CRCRP05B, from Best Buy, $19.95 and surprisingly it can learn the tricky protocols used by the Yamaha Receiver remotes. I am able to control most Yamaha functions with the learning remote. I am surprised that this simple remote can learn the multiple protocols used by the Yamaha remotes and I am now curious what form the learned controls are in. Are they stored in some kind of serial pattern of pulses with timing etc. or will I be able to see the EFCs when my JP1 cable arrives (hopefully today)?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Learning Protocols? Reply with quote

ve3lnc wrote:
I just purchased a learning remote, RCA CRCRP05B, from Best Buy, $19.95 and surprisingly it can learn the tricky protocols used by the Yamaha Receiver remotes.

The Yamaha protocol isn't all that tricky to learn. Its a simple binary signal with a frequency that is well within the learning rage. It looks like a NEC1 signal, except one of the bits is flipped.
Protocols become difficult to learn if the frequency is at the learning range limit, or if the signal has a lots of timing pairs like the XMP signal which is a hex signal.

Quote:
Are they stored in some kind of serial pattern of pulses with timing etc. or will I be able to see the EFCs when my JP1 cable arrives (hopefully today)?

They are stored as on-off time sequence, but if the pattern follows standard protocol rules, then the tools will give you the information necessary to create an upgrade. Be careful with the use of EFC's and OBC's. Read the IRHELP.PDF file to see what the difference is.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DecodeIR doesn't know how to decode the Yamaha signals yet, so decoding them yourself might be tricky. The best option would be to learn the signals in question, then post an IR file and we'll decode them for you.

If you want to try it yourself, there is advice on how to do it in the first thread that you linked to. DecodeIR will represent the signals in hex format (eg, 7F.1.58.27) where the first two bytes (ie, 7F.1) tell you which device codes are being used and the 3rd byte (ie, 58) gives you the OBC. All values are in hex, so you would need to convert them to decimal in order to use them.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that it is actually pretty easy to do if you can convert hexadecinal to decimal (or can do hexaecimal arithmetic).

If IR decode gives a gap result, add the 3rd and 4th bytes together. If the result is 127 (7F hexadecimal), the style is Y1.

The other two styles are only used with ID2 settings on the receiver, and the protocol notes explain which sums correspond to Y2 or Y3.

One way to do this is to type "calc" (without the quotes) into Start\Run to bring up the Windows calculator. The calculator is probably also available in Programs\Accessories. Check the Hex radio button and add the two numbers directly. In Rob's above example, entering in 58 + 27 gives 7F as a result-- so the style is Y1.

Alternatively, convert 58H to 88 decimal, and 27H to 39 decimal. That sums to 127.
ve3lnc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the help of others I created an upgrade that seems to work well and should be of benefit to others.

See the posting at
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12785
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: