JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DVD Electrohome EDVD655

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ve3lnc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: DVD Electrohome EDVD655 Reply with quote

Subject: DVD Electrohome EDVD655

1. Device: Electrohome EDVD655
2. Type of device: DVD player
3. Year: 2010
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Atlas 1056 B01
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes, DVD/1031 But Mixed up/no power on
10. Learning remote question? Atlas 1056 Will not learn from original remote
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That implies that your device uses NEC1 device 0. We don't have any upgrades for Electrohome DVD players that use that codeset.

Unfortunately, there are tons of upgrades that do use that codeset, so it's impossible to suggest one for you. Therefore, I recommend that you create an upgrade using NEC1 dev 0, and then start programming functions using OBCs starting with 0 and then test it to see which buttons actually do something.

When you find a button that does something, make a note of which button is was so you can look up the OBC in your upgrade.

Once you've compiled a list of good OBCs, you can build your upgrade.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 4 standard UEI codes for Electrohome DVD players that use NEC1 0 codes

Video/0770 Power EFC 00052
Video/0784 No Power key defined
Video/0893 Power EFC 00052 ** Not in the your Atlas
Video/1003 Power 00119

How did you ever end up with 1031?

Besides those Nec1 0 codes, your remote also has these codes that are for use with Electrohome DVD players.

Video 0000, 0037, 0043, 0060, 0061, 0209 and 0240

Its important that you try all the codes listed for your brand, even if you found one that partially works.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.

Last edited by vickyg2003 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I just went over to urcSupport to see what order the Electrohome DVD codes were listed in the Atlas manual, and I couldn't find any!

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
ve3lnc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your responses, however they beg a number of interesting questions:

1. How did Rob know that it was a NEC1 device 0? From the device code?

2. To answer Vicki's question I just searched for any code that affected the power status of the DVD player. 1031 was the ONLY one. A question for her, only some EFC's work on the Atlas. I thought that ANY EFC could be programmed into a remote - what prevents certain EFC's from working? Is there a "good" remote where ALL EFC's work?

3. I tried to find out if the Electrohome DVD was made by someone else to find the right code but was unable to find any. Any ideas? That DVD is a great player with Karoke and it play AVI and DIVX files native.

4. It says that that remote 1056 is learnable but I have NEVER been able to capture any remote's data - like Yamaha RAV-362 or the Electrohome remote. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any assistance in advance.

Steve
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the risk of sounding pedantic, those questions aren't "begged". Begging a question means to answer a question other than the one asked, thereby leaving it "begging".

The questions you raise are NEW questions, so the previous response more correctly "raises' the 4 questions you pose, rather than "begs" them Twisted Evil
(language is one of my pet peeves, and the misuse of the phrase "begging the question" by a great many people, including mainstream media reporters who theoretically should know better bugs me. William Safire must be turning in his grave.)

But to try to be a little more useful:
(1) There is a "Lookup Tool" linked at the top of this forum. Try it out, surf around. It allows you to look up UEIC setup codes and then displays for you the protocol and device information. Very cool tool;
(2) that answer is unclear from the info provided. The model of remote is immaterial. If the setup code is correct, then any "correct" EFC will work, so perhaps the setup code is not the best - maybe there is a combo protocol code that would work better for you - can't tell, or perhaps you are doing something incorrectly;
(3) No clue, but others here are much more adept than I at potentially sorting that type of question out - although sometimes it simply cannot be done;
(4) The 1056 MAY have learning. All 1056 do not necessarily have learning components installed. As a bit of an Atlas geek, I put together a guide to the family of Atlas remotes.

Good luck with your search, and perhaps we can help more with extra info.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,
Any remote that accepts EFCs will accept *all* EFCs. Given that we have determined that your device uses NEC1 dev 0, creating a complete upgrade for it is now fairly straight forward. You have 2 options:

1) Create a new upgrade using NEC1 and device code 0. Then create functions with OBCs starting at 0 and going as high as you can fit in one upgrade. Assign these functions to buttons and then test the upgrade. Make a note of which buttons actually do something. Repeat the process until either (a) all of the OBCs in the range 0-255 have been covered, or (b) all of the real functions have been found.

2) Test each EFC from 000 thru 255.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ve3lnc wrote:

2. To answer Vicki's question I just searched for any code that affected the power status of the DVD player. 1031 was the ONLY one. A question for her, only some EFC's work on the Atlas. I thought that ANY EFC could be programmed into a remote - what prevents certain EFC's from working? Is there a "good" remote where ALL EFC's work?

Oh I see I wasn't quite clear.

There are several ElectroHome DVD setup codes in the database. Most of the setup codes are in the ATLAS 1056

Electro home DVD setup codes are all in your remote, and I think starting with one of these would be your best bet.
Video 0770, 0784, and 1003
Video 0000, 0037, 0043, 0060, 0061, 0209 and 0240

There is one more Electrohome DVD upgrade Video/0893 but that one isn't built in to the remote.

ve3lnc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggest you close this thread. This DVD player crapped out with a problem that seems to be endemic to this player - the disk stops and the power turns off automatically. Other people have had this problem as well. I scrapped this player and got a great Panasonic player from Best Buy that reads everything you can throw at it.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get a chance to build an upgrade for it before it died?

I see in your other thread that you now have a JP1 learning remote, when your cable arrives would you be willing to learn the signals from the Electrohome remote and build an upgrade?
ve3lnc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: How To Build An Upgrade Reply with quote

As a newbie, but learning fast with your help, I would be happy to capture the existing remote. Then use the appropriate tools to download from the RCA learning remote using the jp1 cable. Then I could send you that file to do whatever magic is required to build an upgrade. Or do so, with your guidance.

Steve
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve, I'll do the rest if you just do the learning. If you use up all the learning memory while doing this, download the memory using IR.exe and save the file. Then reset the remote and continue. Save as many IR files as it takes to capture all the buttons.

Then post the IR files and I'll build the upgrade.
ve3lnc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, I now have an IR file. However, to make it complete, how do I capture the unique keys (like Karaoke). Is there a way to use "shifted" keys. Like a shifted 1? And how can I capture the Power key? I would also like to edit the name of some of the keys - for example I put Setup on the Guide Key. How do I make sure that people know that?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it makes it simpler, do two sets of learns. For the first set, learn everything that has a logical equivalent on the JP1 remote. For the next set, learn all the goofy buttons and keep track of where you learned them, then in the IR file, add a not to each button to show what it is.

If you have enough learning memory to capture them all at once, use one device mode for the normal buttons, and a different device mode for the goofy buttons.

There's several ways to approach this, hopefully this has given you a few ideas.
ve3lnc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An RM upgrade was created from the original remote but it was not fully tested because the original DVD is now broken. All buttons have been placed on a PVR style remote with some shift keys.

File URL: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9165
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: