JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

USING LEARNED SIGNALS IN CUSTOM UPGRADE FILES
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerbo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
You really should have a look at RM. It is continually improving.

Yeah, I will put it on my "to do" list. Apparently RM is getting so advanced, and KM is not really being supported anymore, so it is a dying breed I guess. Too bad... I love excel.

Based on what I have read, the RM interface is supposedly "more intuitive" than KM... so hopefully the learning curve won't be all that much. I just don't want to mess with a good thing right now and I still consider KM to be "a good thing". (At least for the device codes it does support!!)

Thanks
Jerbo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Well guess what, you CAN use the device/protocol that you found in the other thread. In RM we fill in the the device with 4, and leave oem 1 and oem 2 blank. We fill in z with 3 and the obc with 711 yields the
hex = 31 CB

Use that hex to setup your keymove.

I have a follow-up question. I did some more learning and discovered some more Denon-K codes. They all are device 4, subdevice 3, which is the same as above.

So my question is, for the hex code, is it simply going to be 31 XX for the rest of my learned codes on subdevice 3... with XX being equivalent to what is shown in the learned signals tab of IR (for the original code, the hex was "CB" in IR... I assume the 31 preceding it relates to the subdevice being "3".

Not a big deal either way, more for my own understanding. Thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get you out of your current jam, I have created a KM file with all the audio Denon-K extensions here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8784
Jerbo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME.

Thank you, Robman. You are too kind.

This will save me a bunch of time, I am forever indebted.

Since you all on this forum are almost TOO NICE, I am going to learn RM (not immediately, but very soon I promise) since I am aware that if I had done so, you would not have had to spend time creating an upgrade file for me.

Please accept my sincere thanks for this, it will be put to good use!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: