JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Comcast "All On" function

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bree623

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Comcast "All On" function Reply with quote

How do I set my tv up so that it turns off and on with its own remote control and not the "all on" feature with comcast...I have so much trouble with the all on and I have another tv that uses its own remote and not the all on function and I have no trouble with it at all, so I want my 2nd tv to operate the same way...can you help...
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you want a way to use the Comcast remote, but only send an on/off signal to the TV and not to the cable box or the AUX device.

You can do this by tapping the TV device button, and then tapping the Power (not the red All On) button.

You would turn the cable box on or off by tapping Cable, then the Power button.

If you want to use the All On button, but not have it affect the TV, please tell us the model of your TV and the setup code you are using for the TV.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Comcast "All On" function Reply with quote

bree623 wrote:
How do I set my tv up so that it turns off and on with its own remote control and not the "all on" feature with comcast...I have so much trouble with the all on and I have another tv that uses its own remote and not the all on function and I have no trouble with it at all, so I want my 2nd tv to operate the same way...can you help...

The All-on function in the remote is a pre-defined macro that does

<TV><power><CBL><Power><AUX><Power>

So if you set up the TV with the code to control your TV, it will be set up to use the All-on

If you want to use the All-on without the TV, you could make a key move on the TV/Power to do something that the TV doesn't care (i.e. a single volume up) But then you're not going to be able to turn the power off with the Comcast remote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: