JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-10820N Extender
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: URC-10820N Extender Reply with quote

This extender is ready for Beta Testing.

The first thing that needs to be tested is to make sure that the keys are in the groups that I told you they would be in. This has been a bug in beta with every extender I've ever written, so chances are pretty good that there is a problem with this as well.

I've borrowed the Device Setup that was used in the urc-8900 extender as this allows for more phantom keys as well as more key divisions.

This is my first extender to ever implement the FAV key. The FAV key will send 5 digit macros, but this is adjustable.

This extender also offers a SuperMultiplex. The Supermultiplex is not supported by IR, but it does allow 16 sets of keymoves. To implement the supermultiplex, there needs to be an extra byte of information, that tells the remote which device to set and where to look for the keymoves. This is a little bit complicated, and may disappear from the final release if this proves to be too complicated on the user ends.

The extender offers faster macros, x-Shift, DSM, LKP and PAUSe.

The timing is bad as I'm going to be out of reach July4th, but I figured if I didn't get this out now, I'd probably never get this out.

10820N Beta

Super Multiplex Discussion

If you are going to be testing, please let me know in this thread, or PM me, so I know who is testing.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
jgfarrell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vicky

First off, thanks for all your effort on this. I've used your 10820 extender for 18 months or more, and thanks to the generosity and expertise of all who contribute to this forum, I've found all the info I needed to get it all up and running, and have never needed to post a question into the forum.

My old 10820 is getting tired and its replacement turned out to be a pair of (surprise!) 10820N's. So the first thing I'm going to try to do is get one of them working identically to the 10820 (SWMBO factor! Very Happy ) so it can replace Old Faithful, and then I'll try out the more advanced toys. I really just started playing with it yesterday, so I'll report back in the next few days. Do you prefer reports via PM or this thread?

John Farrell
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John, I mainly bumped this thread because of the bad timing of my original post. July 3rd, was the beginning of the 3 day weekend so many people were gone on vacaction. Also my husband, who HATES the Jp1 hobby is gone for a week, so I'd like to get this stable while I won't be catching any flack for working on it. Rolling Eyes

vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John has uncovered two errors in the RDF

I forgot to turn on XShift and I also didn't increase the Upgrade area the way I meant to

I updated the RDF file and updated the zip file.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=user_upload&file_id=8605

vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John has discovered two more errors

There was an RDF error where Phantom buttons were not accessable
The extender wasn't proccessing "other" group correctly.

While correcting these problems I discovered a problem with the way my HEX was interacting with extinstall, the Courtesy macros were not being installed and there was crosstalk between the Super Multiplexer and the Advanced multiplexer.

I corrected the documentation in the keygrouping

Added CC and Format to Other group
    removed duplicate Info From Other group.

Added the following sentence to the supermultiplex document.

The standard multiplexer is also included as Protocol 0FFE. If you would prefer to use that protocol, delete or rename the super muliplex, and then rename 0FFE to 01FE.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=user_upload&file_id=8605

So far John is my only tester. If anybody has any time to look at this I'd appreciate the help.

vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John found that the FAV key was not wrapping correctly. New Beta is uploaded.

vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John found that I had made FAV worse with last fix, so I have tried again.

Also added Setup Validation to IR

Enjoy!

vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last fix, fixed the FAV key.

So now
HT Groupings have been verified
FAV processing has been verified
Pause has been verified.

Now we're looking at the special protocols.

Although most people won't need to multiplex on a 10 device remote, the multiplex on this extender is significantly different than on other extenders. I'd really like opinions on this, as I am thinking of going back and adding this to many of my other extenders.

If its too hard to use, I'll just go back to a regular multiplex, but I really like the idea of the dynamic keymoves.

khonderd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Extender Reply with quote

I have downloaded the beta extender and hope to give it a try this weekend. It appears the parts I'll use have been tested already, but the multiplexing is over my head right now.

How do I combine all the keymoves and macros I currently have in my ir file with the default macros, devices and protocol you have in the extender ir file?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Extender Reply with quote

khonderd wrote:
I have downloaded the beta extender and hope to give it a try this weekend. It appears the parts I'll use have been tested already, but the multiplexing is over my head right now.

How do I combine all the keymoves and macros I currently have in my ir file with the default macros, devices and protocol you have in the extender ir file?

Download UNCLEMILTIES exinstall, and the supporting libraries. Set the directory for Extinsall in IR, and then IR will merge your file into mine.

I really do need help with the multiplexing. I think it is a good idea, but my communications skills are really lacking.

khonderd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Thank you. Reply with quote

I actually found it here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7389, which I obviously should have read completely before asking. Embarassed

Perhaps next week I'll have more time to look into the multiplexing.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank you. Reply with quote

khonderd wrote:
I actually found it here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7389, which I obviously should have read completely before asking. Embarassed

Perhaps next week I'll have more time to look into the multiplexing.

I'll be gone for 10 days, so you'll have lots of time to digest multiplexing before I get back.

khonderd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: "you'll have lots of time to digest multiplexing before I get back." I think you overestimate the free time I have. I have 5 kids. Laughing

This isn't major, but nowhere in your help file does it mention that you must press TV->Power to load the extender. I realize this is probably a no-brainer, but I apparently don't have a brain. I thought I had read about extenders auto-loading so after not seeing anything in the help file I figured it must do that.
khonderd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Help Reply with quote

Apparently I'm missing something obvious because I can't get the SKP (Short-Key-Press) part of the LKP to work correctly. I'm trying to make a long press of Mute turn the headphones on my TV. A LKP turns on the wireless headphone option, but the SKP does nothing and I want it to do the original command of muting the TV.

Here is my IR file, stripped of pretty much everything except the default options and my LKP. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8729

Also, CBL/SAT code 2303 shows as invalid with this rdf, but was valid on the 10820N standard rdf. I changed the code I was using to make sure this wasn't part of the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: