JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Physical and Logical Device Assignment on Extended 8911

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DGG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Physical and Logical Device Assignment on Extended 8911 Reply with quote

As "placeholder" action, I called a macro (from a macro) with DEV_DB08 as the active device. The called macro assigns several keypads to the active device and then calls a CustomName special protocol entry. It appeared processing of the top-level macro was aborted, since a 3 second delay which should have been called subsequently was never executed. Evil or Very Mad In this case, there would have been no custom name programmed, so that second macro call would have been to a location containing whatever the remote uses for default, presumably $FF - but that shouldn't "trip" the extender.

Since the extender Readme suggests that LCD processing for DB08 is somewhat of a special case, I tried using DEV_DB09 instead - with the same result. Finally, since I had one unused physical device (SAT), I tried DEV_SAT as the active device. The macros executed normally, Smile even though there was still no custom name programmed and there is no physical device assigned to the SAT key (i.e., its setup code is MISC 0000, just like DB08 and DB09).

Are there some undocumented restrictions on the use of logical devices in the 8911 extender?
Don
DGG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to my post of yesterday, I have now confirmed that macros doesn't execute, or at least doesn't execute properly, when the active (temporary) device is a logical device.
vasqued2
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I never tested macros while a logical device was active. I'll take a look and see what I can find.

David
vasqued2
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After thinking about this, it hit me that you might be using keymoves with the logical devices (i.e. a keymove for the Custom Mode Name on device 8 or higher)

You can't put any keymoves on the logical devices. You can only use device upgrades. Are you sure the macros themselves aren't working, or is it just the keymoves in them that aren't working?

David
DGG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a ToadTog or a DSM or a D/LPK is classified as a keymove for this purpose then, yes, I'm using keymoves. My reference to macros was, perhaps, a little too broad. If I've wasted your time, I apologize.

Incidentally, if keymoves do include all the above, what is the main use of logical devices?

On the positive side, some time ago someone reported in this forum that nesting ToadTogs wasn't a good idea. I am using 3 ToadTog bits to hold 7 states - with good success. It's not something I'd recommend if you want a relaxing Sunday afternoon, but it does work. However, it is memory intensive; I've got only 7 bytes of macro/keymove memory left.

Don
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: