JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PROBLEM: URC-8060 turns off both MCE and XBOX 360

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirte

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: PROBLEM: URC-8060 turns off both MCE and XBOX 360 Reply with quote

Dear All,
I've downloaded MCE v2 http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6185 file and created the device upgrade for my URC-8060 remote. When applied it, I found that now my remote controls power simultaneously on my MCE and XBOX 360. I thought that though both devices use MCE protocol, the MCE has device id = 4 and OEM2 =15 while XBOX 360 has device id = 16 and oem2=15. So the XBOX should not respond to the power toggle for device=4. However it does. How can I fix the issue?
I have not done any customisation for MCE v2 except changing the model of remote to URC-8060. I used RM v.198, IR v.8.02 and RDF v.128

Thanks
cauer29

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: PROBLEM: URC-8060 turns off both MCE and XBOX 360 Reply with quote

kirte wrote:
Dear All,
I've downloaded MCE v2 http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6185 file and created the device upgrade for my URC-8060 remote. When applied it, I found that now my remote controls power simultaneously on my MCE and XBOX 360. I thought that though both devices use MCE protocol, the MCE has device id = 4 and OEM2 =15 while XBOX 360 has device id = 16 and oem2=15. So the XBOX should not respond to the power toggle for device=4. However it does. How can I fix the issue?
I have not done any customisation for MCE v2 except changing the model of remote to URC-8060. I used RM v.198, IR v.8.02 and RDF v.128

Thanks

On your XBOX 360, from the dashboard My Xbox=>System Settings=>Remote Control. From there, you'll see two selections. One says "Both Remotes" and the other says "Xbox 360 Media Remote". Choose the Xbox 360 Media Remote setting. That will stop the Xbox from responding to the MCE device number and only respond to device 116. Its' doubtful but possible that your MCE will respond to device device 116, depending on the setup on your computer. MCE and Xbox have 8 different legal device numbers 4, 20, 36, 52, 68, 84, 100, 116 and MCE can be setup for any one of those, although the default is usually 4. Xbox defaults to 116 and though it can't be setup for any other, it can be set to "promiscuous" mode, by selecting "Both Remotes" on the setup screen described above.

A.A.
kirte

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Thank you very much - problem fixed Reply with quote

Thanks a lot. Indeed the XBOX was set to respond to MCE remote as well as XBOX one. My problem is fixed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: