JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Antenna remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanbevo

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Antenna remote Reply with quote

Hi

I have just set up a slinbox pro. Although the remote is fine for sky the one i have from antenna (freeview) is awful. Has naybody any idea how i can improve etc

Thanks in advance

Alan
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about providing at least some info. I assume you mean that you did find a code in the Slingbox that works your freeview box, but it doesn't work it very well. Is that correct? If so, which code are you using?

What is the brand and model number of the freeview box?
alanbevo

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob

Thanks for your quick reply

Sorry for lack of detail as i dont understand why i have ended up with the basic control. Basically it is not a freeview box but think it is built into the LG TV i have. On set up it said it could not find video source but then tuned in around 70 odd channles and then assigned the basic remote i have? I cant seem to find out how i change the remote?

Thanks for help if you can

Cheers
Alan
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry dude, I really don't understand what you're describing, so I wouldn't know where to start trying to help you.
kevjs1982

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the UK spec Slingboxes have Freeview built in - my guess would be that it's not found any external video sources (e.g. Sky, Virgin, DVD) but has successfully tuned into the Freeview service (i.e. it has nothing to do with the TV) therefore there is nothing you can do about the remote.

I would not be at all surprised if the Slingbox doesn't support niceities like the interactive services (tune to BBC Radio 1 and see if you have any visuals - if you don't it won't support interactive).
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what you are saying is that you want the 'skin' to look like your TV Remote ?

If so, you can't. Sling removed the option of designing your own 'skin' somewhere back around V1.0.4 of Slingplayer. Now you get what they give you. As you have seen they have designed 'skins' for the most popular devices (Sky, Tivo, DirecTV...) but for anything else you are stuck with their generic remote 'skin'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: