JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

8810 key move problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dominoman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: 8810 key move problem Reply with quote

I have turned on the USB port on my LG TV using the hack in another link here. So I decided to create an upgrade for my remote (Remote is an 8810 signature 6_806_80) with key moves for the FFW REW play keys etc.

These all work except the FFW key move which for some reason when in TV mode and FFW key is pressed the remote sends the VCR FFW code turning on my VCR.

I am not using the extender with this remote and can’t figure what I am doing wrong.

I have uploaded the file into the diagnostics area if somebody can have a look and tell me what I have done wrong.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8332
jimdunn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of your TV keymoves (EFC 217 - which matches REW on my LG TV) is on REW (rather than F.REW) - so that seems correct
Your other keymove (EFC 025 - which is FWD on my LG TV) is on F.FWD - not FWD - possibly you intended to put it on FWD ?

There's nothing in your upgrade or any keymove for TV FWD

Is that what's confusing you - I wasn't clear whether this was intentional ?

If this is the case, and you swapped the keys, then maybe the remote is punching through to VCR transport when it finds nothing on TV FWD.

The only other thing I could see is that your upgrade has fixed data 00 DF 00 whereas my LG TV uses 00 DF DF (NEC1, device 4, blank subdev, blank parm). -
That seemed a little odd to me - but when I alter one of my test remotes to match your fixed data it still controls the TV, so that's not your problem, probably.

edit: rewrote post to try to make more sense, and becaused I missed the F.FWD/FWD possibility initially
dominoman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that jimdunn Very Happy . That appears to be exactly what I was doing wrong. I had F.FWD assinged instead of FWD. Amazing how quickly the simple things can be solved with a fresh pair of eyes. I spent over an hour trying to solve this the other night. Embarassed It was the remote punching through to VCR transport that had me confused as each time I looked at the upgrade I failed to notice F.FWD instead of FWD. Thanks once again.
jimdunn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dominoman wrote:
I spent over an hour trying to solve this the other night. Embarassed

I wouldn't be embarrassed if I were you - I got caught up in the fixed data difference, and spent a good 1/2 hour trying to fathom that before I decided to try a test remote on my own LG TV -
it wasn't until that point I noticed you'd used F.FWD instead of FWD - easy to swap those 2.

Glad it worked out Smile

Just for my own curiosity and further education - do you think you could post your KM/RM upgrade file for the 0179 device, so I can see where that difference in fixed data came from ?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Catch Jim, I had that open and had looked at it and totally missed it too, but now that I know the answer its clear as can be.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
dominoman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim here is a link to the KM upgrade file.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8344
I cant remember why I set the fixed data this way as I have been using this upgrade file with various remotes (URC 7560, URC 8910 etc) for several years and various LG TV's and it has worked on them all fine.
jimdunn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for checking back and posting that - it's the $00 in subdevice and parm that makes the fixed data different.
I've only ever used Device 4, blank subdevice and blank parm for my LG TVs - but so long as it controls the device I guess it's academic.

Thank you for satisfying my curiosity Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: