JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RDF Development and Maintenance Process
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cauer29 wrote:
Though WinZip technically supports tar/gz files, the WinZip install defaults make it unusable for anything but text files due to the "smart" cr/lf translation imposed on ALL files, even binary. The option to turn that off, is not that easy to find. I work in a mixed Windows/Unix shop and we finally had to ban WinZip because stupid users couldn't follow directions and kept corrupting binary files extracted from tar/gz.

A.A.

Yes, that is annoying. But these are text files...

ANYWAY. I will upload a zip tonight - as well as a version with DevComb entries fixed.

If anyone has tried a new RDF and found a problem (or not) please let me know.

Thanks,
xnappo
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My intention for the beta test was for people to download RDFs for remotes that they owned to test them, so I did not think a zip file was needed.

I can generate one if you want. I will say though that almost all zip tools can open .tar.gz files.

I may "own" a few RDF's, although I have no idea which ones they might be. However, with beta testing, I tend to run up and down the remotes in RM and IR simply to make sure they don't break anything. I also have upgrades for 6131, 6011, 7800, Comcast 1067, Atlas, 10820 that I want to make sure open okay. So yeah there are a lot of files to check. A zip would be nice!

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:

I may "own" a few RDF's, although I have no idea which ones they might be.

By 'own' I meant 'have a physical remote'... I realize for you that is still a lot of RDFs to download one by one.

Really I was just looking for a sanity check of a couple of the more popular RDFs.

Will get a zip up ASAP.

xnappo
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zip file - only of the version with all the updates for now:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/controlremote/files/Remotes/remotes_setup_codes_update_20100504.zip/download

[edit] I realize the paths in the zip are screwy - this will not be the case for a real release. Used a yucky zip tool at work.

xnappo
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I ventured into sourceforge for three RDF's that I need. I found one of them, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get a copy. I can't find one for the 8305 Kameleon and I can't find my C7LOX715 extender.

So question,

When you find it, how do you get a copy?

Where are the rest of them?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Okay, I ventured into sourceforge for three RDF's that I need. I found one of them, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get a copy. I can't find one for the 8305 Kameleon and I can't find my C7LOX715 extender.

So question,

When you find it, how do you get a copy?

Where are the rest of them?

Hi Vicky,

So I think to do that you have to click on the RDF you are interested in and then right-click the 'as text' button and hit 'save as'. Not intuitive Smile so please try the zip file link Smile

xnappo
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jumping in onto page 6 of this enormous project is unfair, but I decided to take a look just to see what's going on and see few things

Missing RDFs:
3A333A33 (Atlas OCAP URC-1056 JP1.3 (Black)_(Silver) extender V2.10).rdf
3A393A39 (Comcast DVR URC-1067Bx3 JP1.3 extender V1.00).rdf
C7L0X7L5 (URC-7800_6800 Cinema Extender v 5).rdf (Vicky mentioned that earlier)

Likely unneeded RDF:
PVR0PVR0 (URC-6131nwB00 PVR Remote 2K FIXED).rdf
There was discussion about this file, with FIXED in name, that was broken and invalid
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11549&highlight=6131+fixed+rdf
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
Jumping in onto page 6 of this enormous project is unfair, but I decided to take a look just to see what's going on and see few things

Missing RDFs:
3A333A33 (Atlas OCAP URC-1056 JP1.3 (Black)_(Silver) extender V2.10).rdf
3A393A39 (Comcast DVR URC-1067Bx3 JP1.3 extender V1.00).rdf
C7L0X7L5 (URC-7800_6800 Cinema Extender v 5).rdf (Vicky mentioned that earlier)

Likely unneeded RDF:
PVR0PVR0 (URC-6131nwB00 PVR Remote 2K FIXED).rdf
There was discussion about this file, with FIXED in name, that was broken and invalid
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11549&highlight=6131+fixed+rdf

Thanks a lot Elizabeth. So... They only place I know to get those RDFs are from the extender zip files themselves. My understanding is that some of the extender writers do NOT want me to include their RDFs in the database. How should I proceed here?

Thanks,
xnappo
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually going in with a clear head this morning, I see that you can get the C7L0X7L5 in the RDF Development area. I just couldn't find that last night, as I thought sourceforge was the development area.

Bill has said specifically that he didn't want his RDF's included in the zip, so anything that starts with a 3 and has extender in the name, is probably not supposed to be included.

I on the other hand have submitted my C7L0X7L5 and its in the developement area. The very old Extender is in there as well. I had 2 versions between the very old one, and the final version 5. Those two have not submitted for inclusion, because not many people used those versions, and the version 5 of the extender is far superior to my prior two attempts.

xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:

Bill has said specifically that he didn't want his RDF's included in the zip, so anything that starts with a 3 and has extender in the name, is probably not supposed to be included.

So the way I am proceeding for now is that I am not going to remove Bill's extenders if they are already there, but I will not add any more unless he asks me to.

Personally I think it would be a benefit to add them as they will get the fixes like fixed protocols, updates, DevComb settings etc...

xnappo
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:

Hi Vicky,

So I think to do that you have to click on the RDF you are interested in and then right-click the 'as text' button and hit 'save as'. Not intuitive Smile so please try the zip file link Smile

xnappo

So with a clearer head myself Smile you can right-click on the 'download' link and select Save-As. Left clicking (at least for me) causes my browser to try to interpret the RDF as XML...

xnappo
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Zip distribution, 3 files have the extension *.rd rather than *.rdf.

File names begin with 3A333A33, CPT0CPT0, and CPT0CPxT. Renaming the files to have a rdf extension seems to work, so I suspect the only issue is the file name.

Affected remotes are the Atlas 1056 JP1.3, and the URC-8910/9910.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:

Affected remotes are the Atlas 1056 JP1.3, and the URC-8910/9910.

Thanks - I looked in the repository and it seems right - this must have been an artifact of the way I made the zip in a hurry at work with a poor toolset.

I will be releasing another, hopefully much cleaner, zip file later today.

Regards,
xnappo
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,
By the way, I really appreciate the zip file. For me, SourceForge presents a challenge every time I use it to download from the repository. And as it happens, I'm set up to use CVS rather than SVN, because the other projects I use are on CVS.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have a new beta ready for y'all to try out. The beta now includes:

- Merged RDFs from development area
- Protocols sections updated to match PM
- SetupCodes updated to match KM
- Map and Image filenames fixed for case-sensitives OSs
- DevComb entries fixed/added to match KM

Thanks again to Vicky for her tool to help with getting these things fixed.

I will note that if PM/KM have not been updated for a particular remote, then neither are the RDFs.

You can browse the release here:
http://controlremote.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/controlremote/tags/devcomb_update_20100508/
This may be useful just to look at the logs to see what has changed for a particular RDF. Remember to right-click -> save as on the download link to download.

Or download a (hopefully cleaner) zip here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/controlremote/files/Remotes/rdf_maps_beta_20100508.zip/download

Thanks!
xnappo
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: