JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

2K/3K/Showstopper OBJ Files: Bytes 2 & 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClearToLand

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: 2K/3K/Showstopper OBJ Files: Bytes 2 & 3 Reply with quote

Should it be the 'code' in HEX or the 'code + 8000' in HEX?

First, I don't own a 2K/3K/Showstopper - I own 4 5XXXs (3 Lifetime; 1 'Spare Parts'). I used dontcareavs's code on AVS to get my 2 FREE DC-50Xs working. Thanks!

Since I went through the 'exercise', I'm also glad to try to help anyone else attempting the task, even 2K/3K/Showstoppers. Until now, no one with a 2K/3K/Showstopper has reported any success. Enter ReplayTV Guru Mikeyboy.

Mikeyboy edited Robman's C0015_OBJ into S0392.OBJ and IT WORKED! I asked him to try Robman's C0015_OBJ and IT DIDN'T WORK?!? It appears to be the understanding that you can rename the file / change the 'Identifier Bytes' (2 & 3) freely thus:
  • 01 88 for 0392
  • 00 0F for 0015
  • 01 14 for 0276
  • etc...
Which leads to my question:

Why does Robman's C0015_OBJ and the 'stock' C0015_obj from replayir.zip use 08 0F, which Mikeyboy confirmed doesn't work?

Examining a few other 'virgin' files from replayir.zip:
  • C0160 is all SPACES except for 00 A0 in bytes 9 & 10
  • C0276 has 00 14, which looks correct (i.e. HEX-to-DEC)
  • C0525 has 02 0D, which also looks correct
So, why did Robman and dontcareavs use 08 0F for C0015? Confused

AVS Forum: "Almost Ready for Prime Time" 2K/3K STB/DTA Instructions...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 2K/3K/Showstopper OBJ Files: Bytes 2 & 3 Reply with quote

ClearToLand wrote:
So, why did Robman and dontcareavs use 08 0F for C0015? Confused

The particular bit that you are questioning is used to determine if the first byte of the protocol id should be 00 or 01. So, if the protocol being used is greater than 0x00FF then that bit will be set and it would appear that the hex is "code + 0x800".

The hex in question was generated by RM, it wasn't created by hand, so if you have found that this bit should never be set, RM may need to be changed to reflect that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> ReplayTV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: