JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can you speed up macros without an extender?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stangbat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Can you explain a little further? It works with all macros. If it's not working for you, then you've made a mistake somewhere along the line. HERE's how you should have loaded it.

Gee, you all are going to wonder how I find my rear with both hands. I read this thread several weeks ago, did a search last night and found it again, then went back through and missed the instructions in posts #5 and #10. I think the reason was because I started at the end and worked my way towards the first posts. I found the protocol on page 2 and 3, and didn't go back to page 1. So I wasn't getting the full picture.

Makes sense. Thanks to all (especially Vicky) for being patient with me and my last few boneheaded questions. I'll try it tonight when I'm back at home.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stangbat wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:

The macro speed up protocol is remote specific. Someone would have to write this specifically for the RCRP05B. That would probably be Binky or uncleMiltie.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from my understanding the protocol given in this thread was written for the RCRP05B. The original poster wanted to speed up his RCRP05B so he could load macros into his Harmony remote.

My bad, I just read page 4 of this thread, before responding.

Your solution was about 30 posts ago.
What about the instructions found here are confusing?

EDIT: I see you already got your answer while I was reading the thread, Laughing

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
stangbat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just updated the remote with the fast macro protocol. Works great. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: