JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Macro and Keymove Solutions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeajea

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: How I currently control 8 devices with an Atlas OCAP 1056 Reply with quote

After my first post in this thread I started using the Atlas OCAP extender which allows me to control eight devices with one five device remote. Smile

My IR file, a text file of this post and a copy of the Firefly PC remote rmdu file are here

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8306

Panasonic CT-34WX53 TV
Pioneer DV-410V-K DVD player
Scientific Atlanta 8300HD cable DVR
Onkyo TX-SR501 AVR
Firefly mini PC remote
Monoprice HDX-401TA HDMI switch
Samsung DVD-VR357 DVD recorder and VCR
Sony SLV-789HF VCR

After using a 8820 to learn the HDMI switch input one, two, three and four I discovered it uses same protocol (NEC1) and same device number (zero) as the firefly mini PC remote. I added the functions to the firefly mini upgrade on the A, B, C and D keys.

When watching a DVD or recorded TV I only need nine functions on the Onkyo receiver. I assigned these to non-conflicting keys in the Onkyo upgrade. Next I added these as external functions (which creates key moves) to the firefly mini upgrade (2012) and assigned the upgrade to AUD. AUD shift day+ switches to the Onkyo upgrade 1135 via device multiplexer when I need complete control of the AVR. AUD shift day- switches to the firefly upgrade 2012 via device multiplexer. To allow access to the HDMI switch inputs with the Onkyo 1135 upgrade active I added key moves for the firefly A, B, C, D for AUD.

I added key moves for AUD late night (FAV) to CAB, DVD, and VCR.

I also moved cable #/Aspect to Source and Select to #/Aspect. The cable company uses a combination of 1, 2, 3 and 4 digit channel numbers and select eliminates the delay when entering less than four digits.

The TV upgrade 1250 is assigned to TV and doesn’t use the AVR.

The cable DVR internal 1877 is assigned to CAB.

The Samsung DVD recorder/VCR upgrade 1240 is assigned to VCR.

The Pioneer DVD player upgrade 0400 is assigned to DVD. DVD shift day+ switches to the VCR upgrade 2001 and DVD shift day- switches to the DVD upgrade 0400 via device multiplexer. The limitation of this is that both devices must be off when switching for the remote track the power state because they share the same ToadTog toggle for power.

Short key press DEV (VCR, DVD, AUD, TV, DVD) on DEV Phantom3 switches to the device. Long key press DEV switches to the device, powers the device on, powers on any other devices needed for the activity and sets the inputs on the TV, AVR, and HDMI switch.

ToadTog is used for power tracking. If a device has a discrete it is used in the force on toad tog (DiscreteOn). If the device has a discrete of it is used in the force off toad tog (DiscreteOff). If the discrete is not available XSHIFT-POWER is used in the ToadTog.

Short key press power calls DEV Phantom2 that is a ToadTog power that sends a power toggle (XSHIFT-POWER) to the device. Long key press power for any device calls macro Phantom10 that sends DiscreteOff to every device, DVD shift day- (Pionner DVD 0400) and AUD shift day- (firefly code 2012).

DEV SHIFT-REC sends DEV XSHIFT-POWER (power toggle) to the selected device without changing the device’s power ToadTog toggle. This allows “fixing” the device power state if it is out of sync with the remote.

Macro Phantom9 turns on the AVR (if off), turns on the TV (if off), sets the TV to digital in and sets the AVR to Video1 input.

Macro F1 switches DVD to VCR code 2001, turns the VCR on, use Phantom9 to turn on the AVR and TV, sets the AVR to CD and sets the TV to composite 1.

Device Phantom1 is use for a device specific pause if the device needs one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: