JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PID $0066: Kathrein Protocol
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GameGod

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
And here is the upgrade thatl has the variable hold for the PS key

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9258

Please try both and let me know if the hold time is too long before the repeats start.

This one works perfectly. I can now shutdown the PS3 (using the PS Long Hold function) from my shutdown macro. Hold time seems okay, certainly much lower than the other upgrade.

Thanks again for all your hard work! Smile
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GameGod wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:
GameGod, I updated in the plain old PS3_Harmony_Bluetooth with a protocol I had in my Katherin folder. This should repeat when held.

Thanks. The link is wrong, I think you meant to say: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8275

I tried this one out, repeat works, the system menu comes up, but the delay is pretty large. I had to hold the key down for at least a couple of seconds before the repeat kicked in.

I fixed the link, am glad the power button now works, but am worried about the length of hold time I have before duplicating starts.

This will effect both upgrades.

When you press the navigation arrows I was told that the original remotes pause before repeating. If this pause is too much on the upgrade then we need to fix that.

Could you compare the way the original remote's navigation arrows work, and kind of give me a rough feeling on the difference in the amount of time. Use the press PS3_Bluetooth_Adapter_var_hold. The delay is the same.
GameGod

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I fixed the link, am glad the power button now works, but am worried about the length of hold time I have before duplicating starts.

This will effect both upgrades.

When you press the navigation arrows I was told that the original remotes pause before repeating. If this pause is too much on the upgrade then we need to fix that.

Could you compare the way the original remote's navigation arrows work, and kind of give me a rough feeling on the difference in the amount of time. Use the press PS3_Bluetooth_Adapter_var_hold. The delay is the same.

I don't have an original remote for the PS3, but I do have a controller. I'll compare the repeat on the navigation keys between that and my remote with your upgrade and let you know.
GameGod

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GameGod wrote:
I don't have an original remote for the PS3, but I do have a controller. I'll compare the repeat on the navigation keys between that and my remote with your upgrade and let you know.

I compared the controller vs the remote and the delay on the controller is about 0.5 seconds as opposed to about 2.5 seconds on the remote before the repeat kicks in.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better?
GameGod

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:

Better?

Is there a way for me to apply this upgrade without having to redo the button mapping again?

Can I update the new protocol (copy + paste) to my existing device? Would that work?

Also, does this protocol allow to me apply the hold feature to any function (so that can be used in a macro)? If so, how?

Edit:
Tried to apply the updated upgrade, seems like the format is wrong. I get this error: "The upgrade you are trying to import is not valid! It does not contain a value for Remote.name"
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="GameGod"]s there a way for me to apply this upgrade without having to redo the button mapping again?
[quote]

Yes you can edit the protocol directly.

Line FF30 need to have the immediate value changes to #0121

LDW RRC0,#0121h

To get in there click on the protocol 0066 on the devices table.
Click the Dissasembly radio button
Click the Dissemble button
Change the value on line FF30 (minimum allowable value is #0101)
Click the Assemble button

Quote:
Also, does this protocol allow to me apply the hold feature to any function (so that can be used in a macro)? If so, how?

Yes, the number of repeats is in byte2. We went with 16 repeats for that long hold.

Quote:

Edit:
Tried to apply the updated upgrade, seems like the format is wrong. I get this error: "The upgrade you are trying to import is not valid! It does not contain a value for Remote.name"

Oops, uploaded the protocol file instead of the upgrade. Crying or Very sad It should be fixed now.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
GameGod

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Yes you can edit the protocol directly.

Line FF30 need to have the immediate value changes to #0121

LDW RRC0,#0121h

To get in there click on the protocol 0066 on the devices table.
Click the Dissasembly radio button
Click the Dissemble button
Change the value on line FF30 (minimum allowable value is #0101)
Click the Assemble button

Updated the protocol in my existing upgrade using the method you outlined above. Feels like its somewhere between 0.5 and 0.75 seconds now. Much much better.

Quote:
Yes, the number of repeats is in byte2. We went with 16 repeats for that long hold.

Didn't end up using this, but good to know in case I need it in the future Smile

Thanks.
Eitnot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this was a year ago but did you guys get this to work? I have tried all the files I can find for the Harmony PS3 adapter and none of the buttons seem to work. I have an Atlas 1056B01 and a RCA RCRP05B. Picked up a Harmony 300 remote and was able to get learned signals to work but I want to be able to use an extender with the remote so I was really hoping to get the device upgrade working.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy, this started 2+ years ago. I wish I had mentioned which computer I found all this stuff on. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, if the files here don't work, we may need to start from scratch.

Are your learns decoding as Katerine like?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Eitnot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that is exactly what the codes are learning as. The codes learned seem to match up with the codes in the ps3_Bluetooth_with_var_Hold.txt file I downloaded but if I use that on a device nothing happens. I mainly have been testing with Up Down Left and Right.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eitnot wrote:
Yeah that is exactly what the codes are learning as. The codes learned seem to match up with the codes in the ps3_Bluetooth_with_var_Hold.txt file I downloaded but if I use that on a device nothing happens. I mainly have been testing with Up Down Left and Right.

Okay, I need to see a few learns just to make sure there isn't another variation of the Katherein. I also need to see the file that you are using to try out the up down left right button. zip them together and post them in the diagnosis area and then post a link to the file in this thread.

Unfortunately I don't have a JP1.2/3 cable here, so this won't be as easy to figure out as it usually is.

Eitnot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I posted the two different device upgrades I found along with the current remote ir file for my remote with all the learned signals.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11512
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eitnot wrote:
Ok I posted the two different device upgrades I found along with the current remote ir file for my remote with all the learned signals.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11512

Wow, RM hated that file. The version that you are using also has the crosstalk issues that were making things worse.

I've made an RDMU file for you to start with.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11513

The protocol in the output tab is supposed to look like this.

Upgrade protocol 0 = 00 66 (S3F80) Manual Settings (RM v2.02 Beta 1.5u+13)
42 89 12 8B 12 E5 44 04 08 00 C8 00 EB 00 C8 01
D6 A8 8E 07 C3 08 B1 E4 05 06 E4 04 05 B6 05 FF
E4 06 0D A6 0D 00 6B 02 8B 18 F6 01 46 E4 19 29
C6 C0 01 21 F6 01 0D F6 01 0A FD FF 48 00 29 ED
FF 30 E6 29 45 8D 01 46 AF
End

If the first row starts with 42 89 12, and the last line starts with ff 30 E6
everything worked right. If not, find a copy of Remotemaster 2.02 beta.

Good Luck
Eitnot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am now getting a response. The problems I have now include:

When navigating the menus it sometimes misses a button press for example you have to press right twice sometimes.

For a short PS press you have to hold it in for a couple seconds before it registers.

The long PS button press seems to have to be held a long time before it activates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: