JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

all in one urc-7510 JP1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I have added a map and an image to the RDF zip file, but they don't work in RM. I can't see anything wrong with the RDF, so someone else will need to tell us why RM blows up when you try to use this RDF.

I will take a look this evening.

Have you run it through Vicki's checker tool?

xnappo
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll need Greg's expertise here. I can see a few buttons that are duplicates. I simplified all the names, and checked all the digits to make sure there were no O for zeros. I can't see anything out of the ordinary on this/

I did find it interesting that this S380 type processor had a signature that started with a 1.

EDIT:

I just realized I goofed. I had tried making a few name changes to the buttons, where the syntax looked a bit "off", but I was saving the RDF to mi IR-RDF folder, not my Remotemaster-RDF folder. Now that xnappo has made a bunch of fixes to the RDF's I probably should consolidate these to one folder.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that the "16:9" button is the culprit . Most of the other RDFs use "16-9" or "16/9" for this button. It appears that the colon is more important than the " mark when Remotemaster does the parse.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
It appears that the "16:9" button is the culprit . Most of the other RDFs use "16-9" or "16/9" for this button. It appears that the colon is more important than the " mark when Remotemaster does the parse.
The colon is used to delimit the standard button name from the actual button name, so in the case of 16:9, RM would create a"9" button and assign a standard name of "16" to it. This would probably conflict with the numeric 9 button definition elsewere in the RDF. In theory, "16:9" should be legal, but as you say, maybe the colon has precedence in this case.

As a general rule, I usually use quotes on any button name that contains non-alphanumeric characters. It does no harm to quote the button name, even if it is not required. About the only limitations I can think of are that a) multi-macro buttons cannot used quoted actual button names, and b) I don't think our tools properly handle embedded quotes within a quoted name.
Mike-C

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Do you know if you can do keymoves on this remote (ie, the 994 function) ?

Yes you can. I've uploaded a file with the Red, Green, Yellow, Blue and White buttons allocated function codes 001 to 005.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8488
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated the RDF and MAP to handle the 16:9 button and to add the keymove section.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8464
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: