JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas 1056b01 learning conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iceberg86300

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Atlas 1056b01 learning conversion Reply with quote

So I have 2 new 1056b01's on their way that I can play with and I'm just wondering if anyone has any info on turning this remote into it's learning cousin.

I've seen the thread regarding doing this with other atlas remotes and I'm hoping someone out there may have some pictures in addition to the parts list.

Or any tips on how to proceed. I have some electronics experience, mostly with microntrollers and ir signals (not ir protocol and stuff, my team built a robot using ir emmiters and detectors to follow a white line for a race course) and also an o scope andwhatnot so I should be able to tackle this if it can be done.

Just looking for any info or tips from the remote experts out there.

Let the discussion begin Smile any and all comments welcome

steve
tennessee titan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO: It is not worth the trouble. Much easier to find a learning model. I have a learning one I never use that feature on. (I rarely use the remote!)
Iceberg86300

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it likely isn't worth the trouble, but I like to tinker with electronics so I thought it would be a fun project.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best bet would be simply for someone with a learning model to open it up and take a good high-res picture, so that you can compare it with yours and see what components you need to add.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Iceberg86300

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
Your best bet would be simply for someone with a learning model to open it up and take a good high-res picture, so that you can compare it with yours and see what components you need to add.

that would definitely be my ideal solution, if someone is willing to break open their remote for me.

That would be greatly appreciated! I'll also be uploading pics of my undoctored remote as well.

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: