JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Creative labs DDTS-100 audio decoder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xiaobao12

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Creative labs DDTS-100 audio decoder Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Newbie here...

I am trying to do this:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-discrete/thread.cgi?4642#971682

Summarized: I have a DDTS-100 audio decoder that is sans remote. There is one function that is available only with the remote and that is toggling the dynamic compression. A very nice person at remote central posted that this could be done with a JP1 remote. He referred me over here and now, I am trying to understand the remote world and also trying to acquire one (I have already asked people in the Marketplace).

Can I just get the cheapest and most basic One for All remote or Radioshack remote and the JP1 or JP1.3 cable and set this all up?

If anybody would like to point me to a sale that is appropriate, please PM me - thank you so much!

And thanks in advance to all for your help and input.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's your only interest in JP1, you'd be better off just buying a remote with the code pre-loaded and save yourself the cost of a cable. (I can load the code into a remote for you).

But, if you think that you'll be wanting to re-program the remote yourself to do all the other cool things that JP1 let's you do, you might want to get a cable anyway.

(This next bit is for John Fine)
There's a curiosity regarding the DDTS-100 code, even though it uses the NEC protocol, which is LSB, it appears that the OEM didn't know that and have treated the code as MSB.

I notice a few gaps in the OEM-style OBC sequence, so I can add a few additional button codes to the upgrade that just might do something.

Upgrade created here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7823
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
There's a curiosity regarding the DDTS-100 code, even though it uses the NEC protocol, which is LSB, it appears that the OEM didn't know that and have treated the code as MSB.

I agree with that assessment. I'm quite sure the LIRC data is in MSB sequence. The polarity (one vs. zero) of the LIRC is correct. So the last two digits of LIRC data, that seem to be sensibly numbered codes, actually match the UEI hex, which is both inverted polarity and reversed sequence (LSB comp) of the nominal codes. If the nominal function codes were sensibly numbered, the UEI hex would not be.
xiaobao12

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your help guys...

I'm so grateful to be helped by experts Surprised
melyyh

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
If that's your only interest in JP1, you'd be better off just buying a remote with the code pre-loaded and save yourself the cost of a cable. (I can load the code into a remote for you).

But, if you think that you'll be wanting to re-program the remote yourself to do all the other cool things that JP1 let's you do, you might want to get a cable anyway.

I notice a few gaps in the OEM-style OBC sequence, so I can add a few additional button codes to the upgrade that just might do something.

Upgrade created here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7823

Hello. An old thread but i think it's the best topic i can ask. I also need to control that device (DDTS-100). Can i use this file on a new programmable remote control or i need something more Rolling Eyes
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the new "programmable remote control" is a JP1 remote, then yes, you can load that file to make it control the device. If the new remote is not a JP1 remote, then no.

If your new remote is a learning remote, and you still have the Creative remote, you should be able to learn the buttons from one remote to the other, even without JP1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: