JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pioneer VSX-D912K
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draco

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Pioneer VSX-D912K Reply with quote

I'm surprised this isnt in the files section as it is a very popular receiver. If nobody has the codes I'll do the dirty work but I wont have time until the weekend Smile.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll probably find that most of the other Pioneer upgrades will work with this receiver also. Try the Pioneer-master file.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Pioneer VSX-D912K Reply with quote

Draco wrote:
I'm surprised this isnt in the files section as it is a very popular receiver. If nobody has the codes I'll do the dirty work but I wont have time until the weekend Smile.

I don't know what files section you're looking at, but if you look HERE you will find at least 5 upgrades for Pioneer VSX-Dxxx units, most of which are likely to be pretty darned close to what you need, not to mention the afore-mentioned Pioneer-Master-List on the same page.
Draco

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping for a 912K specific file. No biggie. I will see what I can do with the above-mentioned files.

thanks!
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draco wrote:
I was hoping for a 912K specific file. No biggie. I will see what I can do with the above-mentioned files.

thanks!

You know, this really strikes me as one of the GREATEST misconceptions people have when they come in to this JP1 world. That there is a HUGE bank of upgrades resident for EVERY combination of devices and remotes (and personal tastes) out there, and one can just come in and download and go.

Come on! Figure the odds that someone would not only have YOUR PRECISE model of receiver, and YOUR PRECISE MODEL of remote. And if he had that, that HIS PERSONAL BUTTON ASSIGMENT preferences would then MATCH YOURS PRECISELY!

If any ONE of those "ifs" is not met, you have to go into KM or RM and get your hands dirty. It's inevitable!

I apologize for the rant - I am not slamming you Draco, just trying to impress on you the extreme unlikelihood of such a perfect matchup. Even if you found an upgrade for the 912K, as soon as you go into KM or RM and change the remote type, you're forced into tweaking button assignments, since no two remotes have precisely the same button maps. And even if the remote matched, your personal preferences would still likely not be precisely met by the button assignments.
jhuang

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up a demo VSX-D812 without the remote. Looking through all the device upgrade in the file section, I think I will be missing the 'MCACC setup' advanced code (this is the 'calibration' mentioned in the previous posts). Can anybody help? Thank you in advance.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as your 812 is probably most similar to the 912 listed above in this thread, it would probably be most useful for you to get the device upgrade that Draco ultimately ended up with. I would guess a better than even chance that his unit would have precisely that function and he could/should have learned it and used it in his upgrade.

Draco has apparently choseen to not upload his VSX-D912 upgrade to the file section, which is a shame - you might try PM-ing him to see if he has the function you seek. (This would be Draco's opportunity to give a little back to the JP1 community)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked the manuals for the 812 and 912 on the Pioneer web site and the 912 does have the 'MCACC setup' button also, so getting Draco's file is the way to go.
jhuang

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion. I have PM'd Draco and hope to get something back. But he seems to have only posted 2 times since January. Not sure if he came in for a bit and stop visiting the forum. Fingers crossed. In the mean time hoping someone else might be able to help.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhuang wrote:
I have PM'd Draco and hope to get something back.

If that doesn't work, try emailing him directly.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His email address is kw_bond (at) hotmail (dot) com
jhuang

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Mark for the suggestion and to Rob for the email address. I sent out an email but have not received any reply. Anyway, Best Buy where I got the demo 812 is carrying the 814 which has a similar remote. I learned the remaining functions to my 2104. MCACC unfortunately did not work with Pioneer 3DEV using Rob's master-list. I changed to 4DEV and everything works fine. I modified the upgrade file to show what functions work on my 812 (see the notes). I will upload to file to the Yahoo file section for others to use. Again thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Jason's file, the MCACC button uses device code 165 with OBCs 090 and 201 (ie, the 2CMD structure). I have updated the master list upgrade to include these codes.

Jason, I also replaced your file with an updated one. I removed all the functions that you indicated didn't work and I assigned some of the functions to buttons (I noticed that you didn't have any functions assigned to buttons).

Here's a link to the file: Pioneer-VSXD812-4DEV.txt
Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the Pioneer receiver upgrades (including the master-list) seem to be missing the codes for Auto Surround and Dialog Enhancement. Does anyone have these or know how to find them? Thanks.

I need these two codes to complete my upgrade for the VSX-1014, which I can upload when it is complete.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
All of the Pioneer receiver upgrades (including the master-list) seem to be missing the codes for Auto Surround and Dialog Enhancement. Does anyone have these or know how to find them? Thanks.

I need these two codes to complete my upgrade for the VSX-1014, which I can upload when it is complete.

Do you have an original remote that includes these 2 buttons? If so, do you have a learning remote that you can use to capture them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: