JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Daikin "Aircon" a/c FTXS20CVMB (remote ARC433A1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaelknight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it will be useful for me. Anyway I'll download it at home and I'll try to see how it works.

Thank's
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michaelknight wrote:
When I process the SWITCH OFF singnal it doesn't match with the binary code showed before. Where did you get that code?

If you look at your waveform image and treat the pairs with the long off (up) times as "one" and the pairs with the short off times as "zero", you get the following string:

If you then go back to my original post and look at the fixed data that preceeds every string, you'll find this:

Your string matches the first 15 bits in my longer string, so it looks like we're dealing with the same protocol.

ps. I converted your image into a link as it was making this thread very wide and therefore hard to read.
michaelknight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I see you consider the first peak as a start condition, the second one as a single 1 regardless the time it takes. I was trying to find a pattern to follow based in a piece of time or each bit. It's clear that's impossible cause 0 and 1 have different duration

This info was realy useful for me. I hope to be able to finde time enought tonight to work hard on it!

Thank's Rob for your post.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, now that we have confirmed that your signal is the same as the one discussed earlier here, can you remind us what you re trying to do? Given that we know the format of the signal, maybe we can help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michaelknight wrote:
Now I see you consider the first peak as a start condition, the second one as a single 1 regardless the time it takes. I was trying to find a pattern to follow based in a piece of time or each bit. It's clear that's impossible cause 0 and 1 have different duration

If you go back to the first page and see the technical data that I posted about this signal, you will see that there is a leadin pair, so 4 units of OFF time is expected before the start of the data portion of the signal.

The Robman wrote:
(in Pronto hex)
ONE pair: 000F 0031
ZERO pair: 000F 0011
leadin pair: 0080 0041
leadout1 pair: 000F 0456
leadout2 pair: 000F 0E98

(raw times)
ONE pair: +425 -1300
ZERO pair: +425 -440
leadin pair: +3440 -1745
leadout1 pair: +425 -30,000
leadout2 pair: +425 -100,000

format: leadin, fixed data string, leadout1, leadin, variable data string, leadout2 (repeat leadout2 if button held)

michaelknight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
So, now that we have confirmed that your signal is the same as the one discussed earlier here, can you remind us what you re trying to do? Given that we know the format of the signal, maybe we can help.

I'm doing a climatic control system for a servers room. When the room is 30ºC the air conditioner starts. When it goes donw to 22ºC stops.

This is thought to save money during the winter in a small busines. I know there are systems more efficents but I was ordered to make it with the facilities previously installed in order to expend the least as possible. I'll use a PIC microcontroller.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

I think he is secretly developing the Knight Industries Two Thousand (KITT).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
I think he is secretly developing the Knight Industries Two Thousand (KITT).

LOL, hence the "under cover" user id.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michaelknight wrote:
I'm doing a climatic control system for a servers room. When the room is 30ºC the air conditioner starts. When it goes donw to 22ºC stops.

This is thought to save money during the winter in a small busines. I know there are systems more efficents but I was ordered to make it with the facilities previously installed in order to expend the least as possible. I'll use a PIC microcontroller.

So basically, you are looking to have the computer send the correct IR signals to control the A/C, correct? If so, how do you input the protocol information into your computer?
michaelknight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
michaelknight wrote:

So basically, you are looking to have the computer send the correct IR signals to control the A/C, correct? If so, how do you input the protocol information into your computer?

I won't use a computer, I'll use a PIC micro controller. Anyway it's possible use a computer sending the signal to the IR led by the COM port. I din't try it but that's possible.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically, you are looking to have a PIC micrcontroller send the correct IR signals to control the A/C, correct? If so, how do you input the protocol information into the PIC micrcontroller?
michaelknight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
So basically, you are looking to have a PIC micrcontroller send the correct IR signals to control the A/C, correct? If so, how do you input the protocol information into the PIC micrcontroller?

Once you know the binary code you have to say to the PIC when it has to send a 0 or 1. For example, for this sequence: 10101 you can write a code like this:

Code:
array a=(1,0,1,0,1)

for(i=0, i<a.length, i++){

if(a[i]==1){
      output_high;
      delay;
  }
  else{
      output_low;
      delay;
  }
}

It's a pseudocode, but in fact it's something like that. The most important thing is to know how long takes everyone to setup the delay's.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about Rob, but I'm interested in how you get the 37700 Hz frequency and how how you spell out the timing.
michaelknight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I don't know about Rob, but I'm interested in how you get the 37700 Hz frequency and how how you spell out the timing.

This is the first time I deal with IR signals. Give me time to develop the project and I'll tell you the way. Very Happy
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:

Vicky, are you still trying to get your JP1 remotes to emit Gamma Rays? You know Bruce Banner is probably going to be stuck in his predicament for an awfully long time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: