JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

For Sale:15-100 Remotes with JP1 header installed (all gone)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Market Place Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: For Sale:15-100 Remotes with JP1 header installed (all gone) Reply with quote

All gone and since they have been discontinued by RS, there will be no more.

Price just reduced - completely modded and shipped at less than the Radio Shack price.

I have a very small number of 15-100 remotes with Tommy Tyler’s excellent upgrade kit already installed. I am offering them at $25 each, plus $5 shipping.

A Great Remote
The Radio Shack 15-100 is a really great remote. Some of my favorite things: The button selection is extremely convenient. I especially like that it has a Page+ and Page- buttons, I have always had to pick something non-obvious with my other remotes. The PVR set of keys map directly to my cable remote functions, including the Live TV button and back 10 seconds button. I like the shape and feel of the remote, although this is subjective. There is an extender available for this remote and I have used it to program one for myself and one for a friend. Also, replacing the batteries will not disable this extender. This makes it very nice for end users who are not JP1 experts.

A Great JP1 Header Solution
Tommy Tyler invested a lot of time and his expertise to develop a really inventive solution to make a JP1 header accessible in a 15-100. There are no wires exposed and replacing the batteries is a breeze. The opening to access the plug is very small and will require the small connector on the JP1.x cable or the adaptor that is available from Tommy, see http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9405

No Soldering for You and Fully Tested
I installed Tommy’s kit in the remote, downloaded the original configuration and then uploaded a special device that allowed me to test each button to ensure that I didn’t mess anything up when reassembling the remote. Then, I uploaded the original configuration.

To order, please send me an email at phil (at) peheavin (dot) org with the following information:

1. Your shipping address
2. Your JP1 forum ID
3. Your email (if your PayPal is different from the email address you use to contact me

Do not just send money via PayPal until you have confirmation that I actually have one available for you.

Last edited by pH7_jp1 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you provide a small plug adapter as well? I already have the interface and Tommy only sells the adapters with an accompanying interface purchase Crying or Very sad

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I wish I could, but I don't know a source for those parts.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Price Reduction Reply with quote

Just reduced the price!

The price shipped to you is less than the unmodified version from Radio Shack.
dinomight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Any still available Reply with quote

Do you have any still available? Can you send photos of the pin header. I don't really need it modded. I know there is a space issue for header pins so i'm just curious if my cable will work.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, they are all gone. I will update the original post.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Market Place Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: