JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony MHC-GX20
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What device codes do most of the CD functions of your unit use? Looking at the CD codes the OBC for SHUFFLE is 53 and the OBC for PLAY MODE is 108. These suppose a device code of 17, 57 or 81. I see that some of the CD functions on the combo list use device code 17, so my guess is that's the one to use.
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CD/Cassette Functions on my Device use the Sony 16 Codes and all of them are the Sony 16 (For the transport CD/Cassette Controls)
I started off using an upgrade you (The Robman) made for the MHC-RG220 and I am trying to get the missing functions that you left out so I can have total control of my unit
When I get all of the kinks worked out and all of the functions work I will post the working upgrade (If you don't mind that I do since I used your file as a starter for mine)
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

110220Volts wrote:
The CD/Cassette Functions on my Device use the Sony 16 Codes and all of them are the Sony 16 (For the transport CD/Cassette Controls)

Does the above post mean that you aren't going to try Device 17 with OBC 53, because you're sure the device number is 16?

I hope not......
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

110220Volts wrote:
I started off using an upgrade you (The Robman) made for the MHC-RG220 and I am trying to get the missing functions that you left out so I can have total control of my unit
When I get all of the kinks worked out and all of the functions work I will post the working upgrade (If you don't mind that I do since I used your file as a starter for mine)

I have absolutely no problem at all with you using the MHC-RG220 file as a basis for your upgrade, in fact that's how it usually works, just be sure to delete all the functions that don't work on your device, and add the new ones that do work.

Sony uses a wide mix of device codes for their devices, especially with combo units like this, so be sure to test as many OBCs from as many device codes as possible to track down all of the functions. Use our Sony site as a guide.
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: mem fault Reply with quote

I think I have to get a new or another JP1 remote as I think I programed it too many times and it now says "mem Fault" on the LCD is there anyway to fix this or is my fun over until I can source a "New" remote?

Once again thanks all that helped me out but I think my remote is broken now Evil or Very Mad
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: mem fault Reply with quote

110220Volts wrote:
I think I have to get a new or another JP1 remote as I think I programed it too many times and it now says "mem Fault" on the LCD is there anyway to fix this or is my fun over until I can source a "New" remote?

Once again thanks all that helped me out but I think my remote is broken now Evil or Very Mad

I doubt that it's broken, you just need to reset it and start over...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4057
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I reset it and it works now and I made a working upgrade but I am still missing the playmode button, it says on the Sony page that you are missing the code for playmode/direction and I need that but anyway I made an upgrade without it and if anyone comes across the code I would be very grateful
I will upload the upgrade latter as it is on my other computer (Which is an XP box and is super slow but the JP1 Parallel would not work on Windows 7)
Anyway I am very grateful for all of the help I received thanks again!
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I posted the file
Sony MHC-GX20
Thanks again I am still missing one function though but I posted the file without it
Thank You JP1 community
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Enter Key for a Sony MHC-GX20 Reply with quote

110220Volts wrote:
I got a Sony MHC-GX20 with no remote and I got most of the codes from the other upgrades however I cannot get the enter key to work from any of the other upgrades and I really need that key
(To set the Tuner Memory and clock)
It's not a Home Theater in a Box system it is a Mini System (CD/Tuner/Cassette/Game) with a remote
Thanks

Found a match in our very own file section.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: