JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for a beginners guide to 9xx commands

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wnewell

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering if there's a howto for these little tricks somewhere. And possibly a sticky in the beginner section pointing to it. Might save a lot of finger work to have the instructions with examples as you done here in a sticky post.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are (for the most part) all gleaned from the various manuals, many of which are available here. I agree that a Sticky post in the Beginner's section, describing all of the 9XX commands available would be useful, but as this is volunteer work, I don't require anybody to come up with it. Since this forum is really targetted at the JP1 user (i.e. programming with a cable) the "keypad programming" has not been a primary point of emphasis over the years (although of course many members are really quite good at it)

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wnewell wrote:
Just wondering if there's a howto for these little tricks somewhere. And possibly a sticky in the beginner section pointing to it. Might save a lot of finger work to have the instructions with examples as you done here in a sticky post.
THIS was my attempt to put all Rob's instructions into a single web page.
wnewell

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
THIS was my attempt to put all Rob's instructions into a single web page.

Great, now how about a sticky that points to it. Ands if possibly add this to it.

Programming EFC onto a button.

Make sure you are in the mode you want it on.
1) Press and hold the SETUP button, wait for 2 flashes
2) Type 994, you should get 2 flashes
3) Press (but don't hold) the SETUP button
4) Type EFC code
5) Press destination button, you should get 2 flashes
Note: If dest. button is shifted, press setup once before button.

Sending an EFC code direct from remote.

Make sure you are in the mode for the device.
1) Press and release setup button.
2) Enter EFC code (3-5 digits long depending one remote)
3) make sure remote is pointing to device when you enter last digit.

But fix my mistakes.Smile
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
... I agree that a Sticky post in the Beginner's section, describing all of the 9XX commands available would be useful, but as this is volunteer work, I don't require anybody to come up with it. Since this forum is really targetted at the JP1 user (i.e. programming with a cable) the "keypad programming" has not been a primary point of emphasis over the years (although of course many members are really quite good at it)

There is a place where many 9xx codes are listed - Alain's spreadsheet of all remotes
http://hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2981
and there was a post recently describing many of them - but I've been unable to find it Sad and now wish I saved the link.

Edite: I just see wnewell's html file - very cool, but there was a post in some thread as well.
wnewell

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's not my file. The problem I see is people finding this info. It's hard enough to find when you know what you're looking for. A sticky in the beginner section should eliminate that. I don't mind taking the time to put a post together, but I'd like someone to look at what i wrote and check for mistakes I made. I'd then add that to the html file convert it to text for a sticky. I think this would be very helpful for all.. Heck how's this. Someone correct the mistakes and make a sticky in the beginner section.

Manual Programming How To Quick Reference
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11675

Last edited by wnewell on Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:59 pm; edited 6 times in total
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clarifying who wrote what. I got so confused trying to find things Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, earlier I posted few more here
http://hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=82110#82110
Perhaps you can include them to try to get it all into one place.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for a sticky, but it probably belongs in the Non-JP1 forum. Like Capn said, JP1ers usually have little need for these codes.

I see you posted the contents my file, which I essentially copied from Rob and edited and updated a bit for newer remotes.

The reference to the HD key only applies to the now obsolete 15-135, but more generally applies to any multimacro key. The key name and number of macros vary. Maybe it should read something like this: "Some keys, called MultiMacro keys, can hold several macros. Each time such a key is pressed, the next macro runs in the order it was programmed. After the last macro, the cycle repeats."

The notes about shifted keys (above Program a Device Button) needs it's own heading.

My System should also be more generic. The button names vary, and it's also called Home Theater mode. The types of key assignments also vary, i.e., some remotes don't have PIP keys.

Your very last note should read: "The command will be sent as long as the last digit is held". I think older remotes work the same.
wnewell

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I've made the changes and added Liz's to it and posted it in the beginner section. I think it will be easier to find there. Now all someone needs to do is make it a sticky, or move it, copy it, whatever.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that someone did make it sticky in NON-JP1.
Very good place, and a handy reference, since many of us have no idea how to work things from the keyboard because of jp1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: