JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Delay for Macro for RCRP05B

View previous topic :: View next topic  
reeltripp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Delay for Macro for RCRP05B Reply with quote

I think I have read all the posts but still can't get a delay. Tried this

" Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:25 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Open RM, pick Pause Protocol (Special) and pick your remote model. Copy/Paste the Protocol Code into Protocols in IR. In the Special Protocols tab in IR add a new one and pick a key (shift-pause is an intuitive one) and pick the Pause protocol and specify a duration. Use that key for pause in your macros. If you use IR version 8, you can specify pause in seconds. Otherwise you'll have to calculate the value in hex.

In RM(v1.98b4) it says" Upgrade protocol code NOT REQUIRED". I paste the upgrade code into IR(v8.01) Upgrade Protocol but no Protocol ID shows up and nothing I try works. I get "invalid code in input". I expect I'm missing something real simple or I need simple step by step instructions. IR works great to down load and up load, macro works. All I need is to pause it. Any help would be apprecated, Thanks.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RCRP05B introduced some new protocols, and one of those protocols has the same ID as the standard pause protocol. I'm not quite sure how to fix this officially. But I know how to get around the problem. Even though RM doesn't show a protocol in the window, there is one there. If you copy that protocol and paste it into IR, your pause should work.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
reeltripp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That worked for getting PAUSE protocol $01FB into IR. When I go to Special Protocols tab and try to add a new one, under target I can pick Cable, Pause, Shift but there is no way to tie it to the new protocol. The parameters section is blank and all I can do is check the Hex box, but that doesn't help. How can I tie the new protocol to a key?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That worked for getting PAUSE protocol $01FB into IR. When I go to Special Protocols tab and try to add a new one, under target I can pick Cable, Pause, Shift but there is no way to tie it to the new protocol. The parameters section is blank and all I can do is check the Hex box, but that doesn't help. How can I tie the new protocol to a key?

I think you miss-spoke and meant to write KEY. The Parameters dropdown doesn't have Pause because there isn't an entry in the special protocols section of the RDF.

[SpecialProtocols]
Pause=01FB

This is really a kludge, someone that knows how to work with RDF's, and protocol.INI really needs to come to your rescue.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
reeltripp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have written "I picked Device = Cable, Key = Pause, Shift = checked".

Thanks for trying.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reeltripp wrote:
I should have written "I picked Device = Cable, Key = Pause, Shift = checked".

Thanks for trying.

Haha, yeah, your putting your Pause on the PAUSE key really confused me. Laughing

reeltripp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[url]http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7555[url]

Removed - Reeltripp

Last edited by reeltripp on Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
R2-M0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, here's what I did to get the Pause Protocol to work on my RCRP05B, without conflicting with its internal 01FB protocol. Don't know if it's the best approach, but it's effective...

First, I added the Pause Protocol with an ID of 01F0 (instead of 01FB)
Code:
Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 F0 (S3F80) Pause Protocol (Special) (RM v1.95)
 00 00 01 E4 03 C2 C6 C0 00 00 0A FE 1A FC 2A FA
 AF
End

Then, I added the Pause device, reconfigured to use the 01F0 protocol ID.
Code:
Upgrade Code2 = 14 50 (TV/1104) Macro Pause (RM v1.95)
 01 F0 00 01
End

Finally, I added the "Pause" directive to the SpecialProtocols section of the "31793179 (RCA RCRP05B black).rdf"
Code:
[SpecialProtocols]
Multiplex=01FE
Pause=01F0
DSM=Internal:0

Voila, macro pauses work like a champ. Now if only it were that easy to get ToadTog ported over. Wink
reeltripp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That works! I now have a 5 sec delay tied to [Shift-Pause] in special protocols. I can use it in Macros, but only certain keys can be assigned. [D-green] and [skip fwd] work but not macro1 or macro2. I'll work on trying to figure that out.

Thanks for the help.
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reeltripp wrote:
[D-green] and [skip fwd] work but not macro1 or macro2. I'll work on trying to figure that out.

The 'Macro1' and 'Macro2' keys on this remote are 2 of the 3 so-called "Multi-Macro" keys (the other one being "OnDemand"). As you might guess, this means that these keys can have more than 1 macro programmed simultaneously on the one key and they'll execute in sequence, one macro per key press.

I haven't thought this all the way through, and I wouldn't want to discourage experimentation, but it would not surprise me if you had trouble with using the pause special protocol on any/all of those 3 keys.

R2-M0: Thanks for that information. I've been meaning to play around with adding a 'pause' protocol to this remote for a while and your post undoubtedly will save me some time and effort!

Bill
reeltripp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get anything to work on Micro1 & Micro2. Even using the setup 995 I can't get anything to program to those keys. Oh well, lots of other keys to play with if I'm willing to shift.

Thanks for the help.
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reeltripp wrote:
I can't get anything to work on Micro1 & Micro2. Even using the setup 995 I can't get anything to program to those keys.

You should be able to get a multi-macro manually programmed on those keys using the '995' code. I just did it on my RCRP05B with this sequence, run twice, to get 2 macros ('1','1','1' and '2','2','2') on the "Macro1" key:
  1. press a device key
  2. press and hold 'Setup' -- 2 flashes
  3. press 9,9,5 -- 2 flashes
  4. press the "bound" key (e.g. 'Macro1')
  5. enter the macro sequence
  6. press and hold 'Setup' -- 2 flashes
Run 'IR.exe' and download from the remote and the "Macros" tab should now show 2 macros, 1 on each line, both showing "Macro1" under the "Target Key" column.

You might even be able to condense that sequence (i.e. for the 2nd and subsequent macros), but at least I know for sure that running that sequence will work.

EDIT: Make sure you have this section in your RDF, after the "[Buttons] section:
Code:
[MultiMacros]
Macro1=$01E
OnDemand=$01F
Macro2=$020

Bill
reeltripp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added the code to my RDF and now my macro keys work and IR allows multiple definitions for the same macro key.

Ya'll are really good! Now I'll start looking for how to get descrete keys for swapping TV inputs tied to buttons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: