JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First attempt extender 2 on 8810w

View previous topic :: View next topic  
silron1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: First attempt extender 2 on 8810w Reply with quote

Would very much appreciate it if someone could find time to check this out for me here.

Attempted to setup 'all on' - 'all off' with power button short press for off and long press for on.

Works fine on individual devices but cannot get to combine and work with the power button.

Had to make quite a few button changes from the "6012 extender help document" due to large amount of new device codes added when converting the 8810w to suitable UK codes. Rolling Eyes

Staying with extender 2 as I am having no luck with extender 3.

Ron

Ron
silron1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry! I don't think my previous link worked but it did work in the preview.

here

Ron
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silron1 wrote:
Sorry! I don't think my previous link worked but it did work in the preview.

here

Ron
You older link did not work because a copy of the Yahoo provided link times out as the are only temporary. The 2nd one will time out soon. There are instructions in the general forum on posting links.

As to your IR build.. I see that on the power for each device you have a L/DKP set up to execute a phantom with a toadtog to execute power for the local device with a short press. The long press executes another phantom with the macro for all devices. The best I can tell is that the toadtogs are not actually doing anything or at best toggling incorrectly.

Since the toggles are not doing anything any way I would try a L/DKP on the power button like this and see what happens.

VCR; Power; TV; 1106; 61 83 47 83 55 83 63 83 4E 83
NOTE: One of these for each device.

Short press will execute the shifted-power for the device you are in and a
Long press will do an X_ for each device and execute the shifted-power for each device. This will work because a shifted-power (Shift cloaking) will execute the defined function from your upgrade (EFC for power) because it takes precedence over the L/DKP on the main button.

If you then need to do toadtogs we can work them in but lets make sure this works first.
silron1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that - Nils.

It puts me where I initially want to be.

I tried the Toadtog because none of my devices have discrete 'off' 'on' only toggle 'power'.

My Screen and DVD are both Panasonic and in the past, had some confusion between the two on the 'power' button. I hope to do a few more device macros and thought it necessary to have positive power on and positive power off.

Ron
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: