JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RCA F32715 Television

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrf2027

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: RCA F32715 Television Reply with quote

1. Device: RCA F32715 Television
2. Type of device: Television
3. Year: 2002 (at least that's when I helped my friend carry it into his basement!)
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: RCA RCRP05B
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes, TV/1447
10. Learning remote question? n/a

TV 1447 works for this TV, but what I want to find is whether there are any advanced codes allowing direct access to the AV inputs. Specifically, I want to be able to push one button and have it tuned directly to my SVID1 input, and another button for my COMP2 input. This TV was a hand-me-down from a friend, and I do not have the original remote; however, I found the manual online and it looks like there should be some sort of code available for this, because in the TV's setup menu you can configure it to do this with the original remote.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The discrete input select signals are probably OBC number 58 (EFC 227) of some other RCA device codes.

RCA protocol has just 16 possible device codes. So you could create device upgrades for the other 15 device codes and try obc 58 in each of them.

Alternately, the Lookup Tool can tell you what RCA setup codes are in your remote and what dev code each has. So you could try efc 00227 in some of the most likely dev codes without even needing JP1.

I think you can get the other dev codes without JP1 using a setup code for RCA combo protocol. You probably need to create a dummy upgrade in RM to compute the 5 digit EFC numbers.

Once you find the right codes, they should be easy to program as KeyMoves.

Last edited by johnsfine on Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
jrf2027

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Looks like there's some promising information in the lookup tool. I'll check it out tonight.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to amplify (hopefully not obfuscate) what John wrote, RCA is kind of unique in how they set up their Home Theater components to select inputs, such that when you turn on the (for example) RCA VCR, the Amplifier and/or TV would automatically select the VCR input using that VCR IR "ON" command. Similarly for "DVD" or other inputs. So you have to basically find the "ON" commands for the various RCA devices that correspond to those inputs you want to control.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
jrf2027

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
So you have to basically find the "ON" commands for the various RCA devices that correspond to those inputs you want to control.

That make sense...I guess that the original remote sent out those commands whenever you pushed the device button, and the TV setup then tells it to look for those commands. Then, when they're seen by the TV, the TV switches to the set input, be it line 1, line 2, channel 3, etc.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: RCA F32715 Television Reply with quote

jrf2027 wrote:
1. Device: RCA F32715 Television
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: RCA RCRP05B
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes, TV/1447

Found a match and recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: