JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adesso ARC-1100 (MCE Remote)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimTheFrog

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Adesso ARC-1100 (MCE Remote) Reply with quote

1. Device: Adesso ARC-1100 (also Ortek VRC-1100?)
2. Type of device: MCE (Windows Media Center)
3. Year: ?
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: 15-2117
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? No
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? No

I know I could get a JP1 cable for my 2117, but it seems simpler to just program in a few advanced codes for. I tried the SAT 1272 and VCR 1972 device codes for MCE, but the 2117 doesn't seem to recognize them. The Adesso remote looks almost exactly like the one described in this thread: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10863

I tried learning and at first it worked for a few keys, then I kept getting errors.

Is there some other device code I can use with the 2117, or am I going to have to bite the bullet and take the JP1 route?

Thanks,
--Jim
nadspink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: media center code help Reply with quote

1. Device: Adesso ARC 1100
2. Type of device: Media Center Remote
3. Year: n/a
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: RCA RCRP05B
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? no
6. Still have original remote? yes
7. Checked the file section? yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? yes
9. Partially working setup code? no
10. Learning remote question? no

i have an adesso arc1100 that i was going to see if i could find a code for. i've read all the pages referring to the adesso and the ortek remote. i've checked the look up tool and i've used all the pc codes i could find. i know harmony has an entry in their database for their remotes to replace the adesso remote. i use a RCA RCRP05B and i would love to use the jp1 setup in it but i can't afford to buy or build the cable for right now. i've tried learning the remote but i run out of memory on the rca before i can get it setup up how i want it. a partial code would do so that i could at least use efc's on it. any help would be really appreciated. thank you
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Adesso remote really is the same as the Ortek remote mentioned in the other thread, it uses a protocol that is not present in any remotes that we know of, which is why we had to write a new executor for it. That being the case, you won't be able to find any setup codes built into your universal remote to work this.

If you were to go the JP1 route, we do have a couple of upgrades that *might* work this.

Here's the KM file...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6526

And the RM file...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6543
nadspink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for the reply. i was hoping that wasn't going to be the answer. guess i wait a little. once again, thanks for the quick reply
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd try the learning route one more time. There are probably a lot of commands you'll never use (like numbers). You should have memory for 25 commands or so. If there are other devices using your learning memory, maybe we can help find codes for those.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that you could also see if anyone is willing to load your remote for you. If there are some learned signals in there already, that would be useful as it would confirm whether is uses the same codeset as the Ortek.

If you're willing to pay for the service, mention what you're willing to pay and see if you get any takers.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you located?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing it's Oklahoma
nadspink

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tulsa, ok. i was able to learn all but two buttons with my rca remote. i was just wanting to learn a few more in alternate locations(i.e. in mce the channel buttons also page up/down in the guide). coming january were gong to get rid of our dvr service from cox so i'm just trying to get media center set up so my wife won't have any problems using it. i figured if the remote still worked the same that would go pretty far right there. i think what i'll do is just buy a legit mce remote in a couple of months so the i can just use the codes an efc's to set it up. thanks for the input and offers though.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much will the MCE remote cost? In terms of "bang for the buck" I bet you'd be much better of spending the money buying a JP1 cable so you can make your RCA remote do whatever you want.

Last edited by The Robman on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
nadspink

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i plan on using the rca remote. on the lookup tool page i can get codes that work with a genuine mce remote. from there i can just use efc's to fill inj the blanks. i love this remote the only real problem it has is the lack of memory. and i guess the power button being locked down to cable.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Adesso ARC-1100 (MCE Remote) Reply with quote

JimTheFrog wrote:
1. Device: Adesso ARC-1100 (also Ortek VRC-1100?)
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: 15-2117
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No

In case you ever get a JP1 cable, I found a match and recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.

Rainey2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this same remotes and the links to the files above did not work. I loaded them to the remote and they did not even make the IR receiver light up when a button was pressed. Not sure why.

I found that the upgrade here works fine for this remote when loaded on the RCRP05B.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6543
You only have to move a few buttons around for you remote yo assign it to and a few fuction names are wrong and need to be renamed like Pic1 and "E" are the Recorded TV and Windows

EDIT: I see this is the same link as the one higher up in this thread posted by rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: