JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Experts please help: multimacros, device-mode macros
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wnewell

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Experts please help: multimacros, device-mode macros Reply with quote

Tried beta3 and it seems to have corrected the device number and the failed load issues. Thanks.

Now for some other problems, or maybe just unimplemented things.

Macros
On the RCRP05B, I manually setup Macro1 for TV;Power;DVR and Macro2 for right;right;right;right;right and these both worked fine. I then did a download from remote into rmir and they showed up correctly. However, if I then do an upload, the macros are gone. Nothing when pressed. But another download from the remote shows the macros there, I"ve also tried setting them up in rmir and then uploading them and that doesn't work either even though they do appear correct under the Macro tab even after another download from the remote.

Protocols
This is probably the way it's supposed to work, but Protocol upgrades don't show up under the Protocols tab either, like Keymoves. Doesn't affect operation.

Maybe Wagonmaster can try and verify the macro problem if you weren't already aware of it.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vaguely remember seeing a thread about some remotes having a slightly different macro format that caused IR and RMIR generated macros not to work. This RCRP05B remote maybe one of them.

As for the protocols, you are right, RMIR does treat them differently than IR. See the conversation beginning here. You may want to read the entire thread.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
wnewell

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're absolutely right. I just downloaded and uploaded from ir.exe and the macros are now gone also. I was using ir 8.00 if that matters. OK, no more wine for me.Smile
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wnewell, if you manually created the macros on the remote and then downloaded it(using IR.exe or rmir) and they displayed correctly, I would think the macro format is the standard one. Perhaps, you can do a raw download after an IR/RMIR upload to try to compare the .IR files.
wnewell

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you or someone else wants to look at these for a fix, there's no reason for me to do it since even if I saw the difference I wouldn't know how to fix it. There is one odd thing about these macros. If you don't clear them first and just reprogram them, the older keypresses are left there and the new just added to it and in rmir it shows as 2 macros on the same key.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wnewell wrote:
Unless you or someone else wants to look at these for a fix.

That's exactly why binky123 asked.
wnewell

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm not sure exactly what he wants, ir.exe, rmir, or both. The macros in the remote are working now. Here is the raw download from ir.exe.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7299

When I tried to do an upload after downloading the raw data I got a popup saying the remote ID's didn't match so I didn't upload it. Here's a normal download of the same working remote.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7302

And here's a raw download after a normal upload which kills the macros.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7303

Anything else?
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd made a preliminary report (in another thread) that this problem seemed to have been fixed. For the particular case I was testing with, it was. But today, while doing some more testing with RMIR v1.98beta3, I see a case where there appears to be more of this odd corruption of a handful of data bytes.

Here's the file I'm loading into RMIR: 'RS-15-135-macro-bug.rmir'.

After doing nothing but loading this file, the "Raw Data" page shows that 3 bytes have been unexpectedly altered:

Code:

0x0626: 0x90 -> 0x80
0x062D: 0xA0 -> 0x80
0x0650: 0xB1 -> 0x80

In all 3 cases, this is the 2nd byte in the raw data block of a macro definition.

I had to go all the way back to v1.96 (testing everything in between, including the earlier 1.98beta builds) before this stopped being broken.

I have a suspicion that my problem/report is another symptom of the same bug that may be affecting 'wnewell' in this thread.

Bill
wnewell

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the difference is;
[wes@wes2 ~]$ diff f1.ir f2.ir
9c9
< 0080: 2C 34 AF 03 01 03 42 36 AF 05 2C 2C 2C 2C 2C FF
---
> 0080: 2C FF AF 03 01 03 42 36 AF 05 2C 2C 2C 2C 2C FF
[wes@wes2 ~]$

The first line is the working macros and the second is after an upload in case it wasn't obvious.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for doing the downloads. The macro format is the same: <button keycode> <type> <length>. However, the type for the working macro is AF instead of 8F. I think RMIR is noticing you have macros with type 8F and AF and is treating them the same and then truncates the macro definitions(writing FF at button keycode byte). This then cuts off the AF macros.

This remote can actually create 2 types of macros(978 - device mode specific macros and 995 - general(works on all device modes) macros). The low nibble of the type byte specifies the device mode it works with.

It's possible this remote only generates general macros with the hi nibble of A. Normally, macros are set with 8. Perhaps it does device mode specific macros with type 8.
wnewell

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no clue how to fix this, but the downloads/uploads were done with ir.exe 8.00, not rmir. And I used 995 to create the macros since that's what the manual says.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be that we'll need a new RDF entry that says to create macros on this remote, to use a type 'A' instead of '8'. This is why you saw 2 macros on the same key(one entry is 8F, the other is AF). IR.exe download then converts the manually created AF entry to 8F.

With IR8.00 and regular-dl-from-working-remote.ir, I tried editing the raw data to change the 8F to AF but it kept changing it back to 8F(0670: D6 53 98 34 [8F] 03 01 03 42). The 34 is the keycode for Macro1 button, 8F is type and 03 is length of macro.

You'll probably have to wait for a fix from IR.exe and/or RMIR.

One possible workaround, assuming type 8 is device specific macro, what you can do is create macros with type 80, 81, 82, 83, 87. So if you are in device mode 0, it would execute the type 80 macro. if in mode 3, it would execute type 83. You can use the Raw Data Tab, and look for the macro entries and change it from 8F to 80, etc. Click on Apply button.

On second thought, I think what you are seeing might be multi-macros. Multiple macros on a key. Press key and a macro fires off. A counter is incremented and saved so the next press fires off the next macro assigned to that button. (Perhaps the counter is off and confuses the remote after the macros are truncated by IR/RMIR.)

Some of the Atlas remotes had multimacros. In the RDF after the [Buttons] section, add something like
[MultiMacros]
Macro1=$018
OnDemand=$019
Macro2=$01A

After I did this, I loaded your .IR files and the raw from working remote, does show multiple macros on the Macro1 and Macro2 buttons.

Certainly, the RDF probably needs to be adjusted as we discover more things about the remotes behavior.
wnewell

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would certainly be nice to have this fixed, but to be honest, I'd just as soon wait til someone that's really into this stuff fixes it. It's not a problem to add a couple of macros manually in the meantime. I've got the remote doing all I want for now anyway.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

binky123 wrote:
...In the RDF after the [Buttons] section, add something like
[MultiMacros]
Macro1=$018
OnDemand=$019
Macro2=$01A

The manual confirms Macro1 and 2 are indeed multi-macro buttons. Each button can hold up to 5 macros. Not sure about OnDemand.

So, the bottom line is add this to the RDF and problem solved?
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. The hex for those macros don't make sense to me.

Specifically, the second byte values.
I know that the $80 bit means macro, and the $10 bit means key move.
I don't know what $A0, $90, and $B1 mean.

The other odd thing is that those three macros are all assigned to the same key.
So I suppose these are "device specific" macros.
I'll assume the $80 bit still means "macro"
That leaves $20, $10 and $31 to identify the device mode, but exactly how that gets mapped isn't clear.

It would help to know which macro (and therefore advanced code type) goes with which device mode.

It would also help to see a few more of these macros for the other device modes, to try to identify the pattern.

I think we're going to need another RDF entry for this, to enable a UI

Maybe another expert has already figure all this out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: