JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wow somewhat overwhelming....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well all the other links there work, including the check for updates which just told me I'm on 1.93 instead of 1.95, but on my Win2k machine, the tutorial link is broken. I'll upgrade to 1.95 and see if this makes a difference, because its not fair to report trouble on something that is out of date.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Kurto2021

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

since it appears I can't find a valid code for this damn BluRay would it make sense for me to get a JP1 cable...then go to my friends house and program it with his harmony remote.....then use the cable to pull in the information?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlier, I posted a link which says that a similar model number BluRay player uses Video/DVD 0675. You haven't (so far) said explicitly that you have tried that code. Did you try it?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurto, I checked what I have for Desay and Insignia DVD codes.

0800 Nec1 0.251
1268 Nec1 134.34
1407 Nec1 0
1455 Nec1 0

None of these is in your remote, but you can check them by trying a few internal setup codes.

Try the 0675 that 3fg suggests. It should have the correct keys for the transport functions. If so try sending EFC 205 to see if it powers the unit on/off, try this with the unit on, and with the unit off. This corresponds to the 1268 code above.

Try the DVD/719 code, and then send EFC 116 to see if it powere the unit on or off. If so, this could be either 1407 or 1455.

I'm not quite sure how to check for the 0800 code above, since there isn't a straight NEC 0.251 to carry our test EFC.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Kurto2021

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the code 0675 code was a no go....but it does turn my Magnavox DVD player on and off.....too bad I don't need that....

I am not really sure what you mean with those codes...I will search files and see if I can find those numbers.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am not really sure what you mean with those codes...I will search files and see if I can find those numbers.

I was trying to get you to try sending a few EFC's. I take it that you don't know what an EFC is. The UEI remotes allow us to send an EFC or "Advanced Code" to see if we can find the function for the underlying protocol.

Obviously the 0675's power key effects your motorola DVD. What we were looking for there is if the Play, Pause and Stop keys worked. The power key is not the right one for the Insignia.

But if you set the DVD to 0675 and then

A short press of Setup key
type 205
and see if the blueray turns on or off.

Kurto2021

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well...that didn't work either...

The good news is that based solely on the fact that the remote is a pain and the fact that i am not sold on BluRay anyway...I am going to take the player back. Good news is thanks to you guys my remote is set up and working exactly like I want it to....almost..... The HT-X40 was not an exact match and I can't get it to change the source....but I will get that to work....I quick on 1 button and I am good. I will assume if I buy a BluRay to stick to the name brands as they are probably easier to find remotes for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: