JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Comcast 3in1 and Samsung Ht-r720 Receiver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phantomzer0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Comcast 3in1 and Samsung Ht-r720 Receiver Reply with quote

1. Device: Samsung HT-R720 Home Theater Receiver
2. Type of device: Home Theater Receiver ( in a box if it matters )
3. Year: 2008/09
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Comcast 3in1
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? NO
6. Still have original remote? YES
7. Checked the file section? YES
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? YES
9. Partially working setup code? NO
10. Learning remote question? NO

The remote was able to learn the TV IR but not the HT IR. I tried several codes from the net and several tricks. None seem to work. I've searched everywhere and can't find anything. I really don't want to spend up wards of 100$ on a new remote. Help a noob?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which Comcast 3 in 1?

Does it have a red ok/select button ? If so its a Jp1.3 remote, and it doesn't have any code built in that you can work from.

The older comcast JP1.2 or JP1.1 have a code 1932 that provides a base to work from. You might want to go back to your provider to see if they have any of the older remotes that have been turned in. These remotes would have a GRAY OK/Select button. If not you could pick up a used one from ebay or our market place. But before you go there, which TV code are you using? If it's not in the new remote, you are not going to be happy with the old remote.

You could pick up a JP1 cable and add the code.

BTW: I have some JP1.3 Comcast remotes for sale in the marketplace. I could add the code if you don't want to get that involved.

Which TV code are you using? Movin

Last edited by vickyg2003 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
phantomzer0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, it's the one with the red ok button. Seems I'm totally screwed.

Do you guys know if the harmony remotes are capable of being programmed to work with the comcast hd dvr boxes?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was editing my message. See my post above for further instructions.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I really don't want to spend up wards of 100$ on a new remote.

Do you guys know if the harmony remotes are capable of being programmed to work with the comcast hd dvr boxes?

Wow, you would jump over all the inexpensive solutions and jump straight to a harmony?

Comcast will probably "give" you a returned gray button remote.

A remote with the code added for you would be about $11 shipped.

A JP1.3 RadioShack remote with learning goes on sale every few months for about 13 dollars.

A cable would let you you modify the remote to do some really nice things, but you still won't get learning would be about 36 (I haven't checked prices lately).

But you would jump do the big buck Harmony that fast.

BTW, please read my edited response above.
phantomzer0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read earlier that logitech remotes worked with comcast, so I checked ebay and saw the low end ones go for 20-50$. Brand new ones are towards 100$, but I wouldn't go that route.

I'm using a brand new Samsung Plasma, model PN50B550. The remote I have currently works flawlessly with the tv, every function works as it should. I had to use the "search" method for the code, so I'm not sure about the actual number. I counted the blinks and I believe it's 20911.

Are there any tutorials you could point me to? I know it's probably annoying, so I apologize. If I can pick up the cable and do it myself, then I will for sure.

I surely appreciate all the help you have given me. Smile
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I counted the blinks and I believe it's 20911
No, that's not the code.

The beginner's thread is hear.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1009

Answering questions is not a problem.

There is a bit of a learning curve to JP1ing, but IMHO its worth the time. The macro functions, especially with an extender, can really make these remotes indispensable.
phantomzer0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so after reading tons of stuff from the link you gave me, I see if I buy a cable I can upload a new file to the remote.

Is there are file already that has that code you mentioned, or is this something I would have to create from scratch.

Also, once I have that code into the remote, will I be able to start programming it to work with the amp?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to the File Section at the top of the screen, you'll see that in our Device upgrades section you'll find a HT section containing about 7 Samsung HT upgrades that are similar to the official upgrade but contain different keys.

Forum Index -> File Section -> JP1 File Section -> Device Upgrades -> HT Systems

Quote:
Also, once I have that code into the remote, will I be able to start programming it to work with the amp?

I think if I were you, I'd download IR and RM and the RDF's and the Samsung upgrades and do a hands on preview. Its all free, and you can make an informed decision. Ask questions as they come up, and the forum regulars can tell you what you want to know.

Good Luck

BTW; I'd also watch the forums for a sale on RadioShack learning JP1.3 remotes, if you decide to get really involved. They are not nearly as nice as the Comcast when it comes to layout, but its always nice to have a JP1-learner on hand if you get to be an avid JP1er. These remotes are JP1.3 remotes and use the same FLASH cable as the comcast and would be the perfect addition to your purchase, but wait till they go on sale.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, Radio Shack seems to have forgotten about having sales. These remotes used to go on sale every other month, but I've been checking almost every day for several months now and there hasn't been a sale since April.
phantomzer0

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for all the help guys. I went to Comcast and got a the newest HD DVR box, coincidentally that came with a new gunmetal colored remote. It seems to be the same as the white remote with the red button, in terms of codes, so I'm still stuck there.

However, I setup the anynet+ features and got the TV to control the volume of the receiver. I thought I had the anynet+ configured properly initially, but there was an option on the receiver's settings to allow the tv to control the volume.

So, after all the research and whatnot, it came down to a setting on the receiver.

Thanks a ton for all the help, I truly appreciate it and will probably stick around now that I'm interested in modding this remote Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: