JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need Help with Keymoves to a RS 15-2116

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Need Help with Keymoves to a RS 15-2116 Reply with quote

I was redoing my remote because I got a new TV awhile back and I finally got sick of using the OEM Vizio remote to turn on and change inputs. I also have a RCA Professional Series Audio Receiver (STAV-3990, Really a re badged Pioneer I think it is a VSX-D711) and that's where the root of my problems are I was using the Learned signals before so I had no problem with the remote but I tried to use the keymove function which I understand is a way to add "Learned" Signals without the original remote I just need the correct EFC or hex value (which the file section of this site became of great use)So I added the keymoves with all of the correct Values and I uploaded to the remote and I try the Key with my Audio Receiver and the buttons I just programed have no function (The Red LED on the remote lights but the button does not do what I told it to) So do I not understand the function of keymoves? or do I have another problem? My remote is a RadioShack 15-2116 and I have a working JP1 cable and I am using IR 8.0

Sorry for the long Thread but I wanted to make sure all the info is there

Oh here is a picture of IR with the keymove page

PS I am sure I have the right EFC/Hex Values
Thanks in advance
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Help with Keymoves to a RS 15-2116 Reply with quote

110220Volts wrote:
So I added the keymoves with all of the correct Values and I uploaded to the remote and I try the Key with my Audio Receiver and the buttons I just programed have no function (The Red LED on the remote lights but the button does not do what I told it to) So do I not understand the function of keymoves? or do I have another problem?

PS I am sure I have the right EFC/Hex Values
The problem is that Pioneer codes typically use 2 command bytes as is the case with RCVR/1023.

You should load a copy of your saved IR file (and post a link to it here) with the learned signals so that someone can help you figure out the 2-byte hex commands needed for the key moves.
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: My IR File change the *.txt file to *.IR to view in IR Reply with quote

Here is a copy of my IR File change the *.txt to a *.IR to view the file in IR this is an IR 8.0 File
The Keymove file (Using the Keymove function of IR)
http://images.dr3vil.com//files3/235/MY%20Config.txt
The Learned Signals code
http://images.dr3vil.com//files3/235/15-2116.txt
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I see. Your Audio device is using the built in 1023 code, so you assumed you could take learns and use them against the code that was already functioning. The 1023 is a Pioneer 3dev 162.165.164

You can convert the EFC to the 5 digit kind that works with a 3dev command

or

You can use these EFC's against AMP-0013 which is a traditional Pioneer 165 code.
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really a JP1 Newbie so how would I do either of those? and which way is better?
Thanks
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a newbie and I'm a wannabe, but I think we can get this settled between us. Smile There is no better way.

If you want to just work with IR, simply go into the Keymoves TAB and edit the Setup codes on the keymoves to be AMP 0013.

If you want to look at RM or KM, you can see how the Pioneer code works and see if you can figure out from the OBC's just how to get this to work against Dev 165. This might be quite educational.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this IR file...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6945
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I got it working I used a combination of the Keymoves and the Learning function of the remote
thanks to all that helped
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that mean you didn't even try the IR file that I created for you?
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the file you gave me it works better then the way I tried to fix it (With Keymoves and learned Signals) Now if I only knew what all of that code means Embarassed all I did is upload it to the remote and it works the way I want it now Thanks The Robman. I wish I really knew what you did to make it work though
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the Pioneer-Master file from the file section and then re-arrange the buttons to match what you tried to do using keymoves. Then I added it to your IR file and deleted your Pioneer keymoves.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at your new IR file, you'll see that the receiver is now set to 1024 instead of the 1023 you had been using. If you look at the devices, you'll see that new device listed there that was developed in KM, a new 4Dev Pioneer Protocol has been added to the Protocol tab too. You can see that the EFC's are not the simple 3 digit EFC's from the decodes you got from your learned signals. Instead KM calculated a complex 5 digit code from the OBC and the device. This method will save you valuable keymove space, since most of the functionality is provided from a Device and protocol upgrade. You should really open KM or RM and take a look at the upgrade.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If upgrade space had been limited, I would have switched to the 3DEV version in order to use less upgrade memory, as he probably doesn't need any of the additional functions that the 4DEV version makes available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: