JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

closed caption on mute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ingenioustm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: closed caption on mute Reply with quote

i have a new comcast us electronic remote the grey one with the red button
i have a vizio remote that enables mute and closed caption at the same time . but now that i have a hdmi connection with a hd box comcast remote only mutes . is it possible to have this done on the comcast remote

rc1475507/01b 16001
cifa no. 27634
made in chine lol
hk03 20843 a 005644 lf
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is usually a function of the TV, not the remote. In other words, when the TV is muted, the captions come on. At least, that's how my TV works.

So, if the captions are not coming on, it's possible that they're not making it through the HDMI connection. Are you able to turn them on manually?
ingenioustm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in order to get closed caption to turn on through a hd box i would have to press power- then menu-then select an enable the closed caption-then turn the box back on. however; i was not looking to have cc be on all the time and as you can tell this is a process to turn on and off cc i thru a hd converter i was looking to see if it was possible to macro all those command with the press of one button
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ingenioustm wrote:
in order to get closed caption to turn on through a hd box i would have to press power- then menu-then select an enable the closed caption-then turn the box back on.

That sequence would turn on the STB's captions. Does the TV itself have the capability to display captions when the signal comes from the STB?

ingenioustm wrote:
however; i was not looking to have cc be on all the time and as you can tell this is a process to turn on and off cc i thru a hd converter i was looking to see if it was possible to macro all those command with the press of one button

Well, if your remote supports macros, you could certainly try programming a macro to turn them on and another to turn them off.

It's also possible that an advanced code exists that would turn the captions on without needing to go through the onscreen menu.
classicsat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captions don't pass on component/HDMI connections, so you have to turn them on in the STB.

The TV only does captions from analog SD, and the internal digital tuner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: