JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

QiSheng AV-985 Amp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeteHarland

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: QiSheng AV-985 Amp Reply with quote

Subject: QiSheng AV-985 Amp remote codes

1. Device: QiSheng AV-985
2. Type of device: Amplifier
3. Year: 1990-2000
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-7950
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? N/A

I am trying to find what type of codes this unit uses. The unit was inherited without the original remote. The unit uses a 12C508/P microprocessor. Does anyone have an ideas on this unit or the manufacturer? Even a guess at the correct protocol would be a big help
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete, I did a QIsheng search on Google and found a PDF document for a "Vision" remote that appears to be a UEI remote based on the 99* instructions. Some OEM remotes made by UEI remotes share the standard codes, others use their own unique codes. They had two codes listed QiSheng. Audio upgrades 1390 and 1609 audio codes would be good to try. The 1390 is built into your remote.

The 1609 is a NEC 133, command used by Anam, RCA, RadioShack, Realistic and Universum. I don't have time at the moment to look up the codes, but maybe someone else can help you out if the 1390 doesn't work.

Again this is just a guess.
PeteHarland

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the 1309 upgrade, but nothing worked. I then tried EFC codes
0-255 in the NEC 133 range but again nothing worked. I have noticed that some manufacturers group their functions in the same OBC range. I thought if tested only the first 20 codes in the OBC range of each NEC main device code range that I may get lucky and find the correct one. I only need to find 1 function that works within a code range. Once I have found one I will test the rest within that main device code. This is assuming that the device uses the NEC protocol. If so, is there a known main device code range to test or are they normally scattered from 0 through to 255?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mistake, Embarassed this was a Nec Combo using 133. I didn't know the difference, but I do now. I've uploaded an upgrade
Audio 1609 Try this and see if you have some success.

Quote:
I tried the 1309 upgrade, but nothing worked.

I should also point out that I recommended 1390, not 1309.

Last edited by vickyg2003 on Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeteHarland wrote:
I thought if tested only the first 20 codes in the OBC range of each NEC main device code range that I may get lucky and find the correct one. I only need to find 1 function that works within a code range. Once I have found one I will test the rest within that main device code. This is assuming that the device uses the NEC protocol. If so, is there a known main device code range to test or are they normally scattered from 0 through to 255?

The first assumption here is that this device uses the NEC protocol, which is may not. As for the device code, these days is much more likely that manufacturers that use NEC will use 2 device codes, so you will have 256 * 256 possible device code combinations to scroll through. If there is a rule to how the device codes are handed out, we don't know what it is.
PeteHarland

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have since tried downloading the information from the unit's microprocessor just in case I could find some details on the protocol used(a 12C508/P). Unfortunately the micro was copy write protected so I couldn't get any details. I will continue trying a few different NEC codes.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeteHarland wrote:
I have since tried downloading the information from the unit's microprocessor just in case I could find some details on the protocol used(a 12C508/P). Unfortunately the micro was copy write protected so I couldn't get any details. I will continue trying a few different NEC codes.

Could not find a match for your device. I tried about every thing that Qisheng has ever made (including refrigerators) but couldn't get one hit off of the LHD for any of their products.

If you have a compatible JP1 learning remote with the appropriate Flash cable (and an adapter if necessary) then you can use either IR or RMIR to upload a copy of your remote's image with its learned signals. Otherwise, you can pick up IR Scope and an IR Widget to record the commands to your computer. Uploading your file(s) into our diagnostic section from either method will offer us the resource to create customized upgrades which will allow control of that particular device.
PeteHarland

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using RMIR with a learning remote and cable for 4 years. My problem with this amp has been no original remote. If I knew the correct protocol & sub device I would be able to search for the correct codes. Thanks for your help searching for the codes. Smile
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeteHarland wrote:
I have been using RMIR with a learning remote and cable for 4 years. My problem with this amp has been no original remote. If I knew the correct protocol & sub device I would be able to search for the correct codes. Thanks for your help searching for the codes. Smile

Oh, darn it. I just realized overlooking answer to #6. Sorry, about that and not being able to help your further. If it is any consolidation, I did send (vincent@orientalqisheng.com) an email if they can provide information about the IR codes they used for the AV-985.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: