JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony HTS-S360 - HTiB 5.1 system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
todd_i

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Sony HTS-S360 - HTiB 5.1 system Reply with quote

1. Device: Sony HTS-S360
2. Type of device: Amplifier
3. Year: 2009
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-6131
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? No

The S360 is a new Home Theater in a Box 5.1 system from Sony. It includes HDMI switching, which I use to control my Samsung BD-P1600 and Mac Mini.

I have tried the basic Sony Audio codes in the URC-6131 (older style, 2K, with JP1 header) but got no response from the Sony device.

I have heard that the S360 is similar to the Sony HTS-S1300 or HTS-S2300 (they look identical, the x300's may be the European versions). But, the 1758 code suggested for the 1300 didn't work for me.
todd_i

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After trying this, I tried adding a few devices I had working before.. but they're not working either. So, I probably have some other problem/error effecting this.

I haven't updated my remote in ages. I seem to recall it blinking the LED twice after an update. But, when I do it now, it only blinks once. Does that mean anything?

I'll post again if/when I get my basic JP1 updating working..
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My recommendation would be to do a factory reset (ie, command 981). If you get 4 blinks when you do it, your 2k EEPROM is fine, if you get two short blinks followed by 1 long blink, the remote can't see the EEPROM. In this case you may need to re-solder the EEPROM joints.

If the EEPROM passes the test, but you can't upload or download using your JP1 cable, you may have bad solder joints on the 6-pin header.
todd_i

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a reset, and it blinked 4 times. After checking a couple other things, I exited IR and restarted & reloaded the config. On re-load, it asked me about the remote type, and complained about a bad value in the config.

After starting over & reloading, I got the two flashes and it appeared to be loading.

With the new working config, the Sony Audio (1758) works somewhat. The volume controls work, and the number keys correspond to some of the inputs. Unfortunately, not all the inputs are available, including the two I want: BD and TV/SAT.

Are there any device updates available for these sonys, so I can customize the behavior a bit more?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that you've got the JP1 side of it working, check out any other Sony files in the file section and also check the following site, which has just about every Sony code known to man:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/sony
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony HTS-S360 - HTiB 5.1 system Reply with quote

todd_i wrote:
1. Device: Sony HTS-S360
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-6131
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes

Found a match and recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: