JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

15-2117's still selling at RS - CHEAP!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: 15-2117's still selling at RS - CHEAP! Reply with quote

I know this is not news to the regulars here, but just thought I'd let the forum know that RS continues to sell the 15-2117 and 15-2116 for $29.99.

I strolled into a Shack yesterday, and found a half-dozen 2116's listed at $29.99 and two 2117's listed at $49.99! As recommended on these boards, I took a 2117 up to the counter for a price check and - eureka! "It 'just' went on sale" the guy says, "for 29.99".

All here know, of course, that the 2117 has been on sale at this closeout price for many weeks now, but I chose not to discuss this with the gent, and just bought their second-to-last one.

I know many have had problems with RF interference and the IR blaster functions, but they seem to be mostly geometry-dependent and for me, it has worked GREAT (biggest advantage is the kids' tendency to wave the remote around doesn't affect the RF as much as it did the IR during a macro). After the 1994, I have found this remote to be pretty darned close in ergonomics (except where is the "surround" button?! - that's SO handy.)

At the same price, it's really a no-brainer to stock up on 2117's even if you DON"T need the RF right now. Just hide the RF/IR blaster and when you remodel, you may find that RF capability pretty darned handy!

And the better news is, he didn't try to push any batteries on me!
streetskater

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I bought my first 2117 today--and there's a few more of them at my local shack for 29.95 each. I already have a goodly number of 15-1995's stored away from years past and one or two other remotes like the 15-1935 that also have that same RF/IR blaster.

So I actually have TONS of those blasters. If I could sell them by the pound I could make some money.

My favorite remote for a couple of years now has been the 15-1995 (previously it had been the 15-1994--and I have a bunch of those too). Anyway the 2117 has some of the advantages of both the 1994 & the 1995.

Now it's just a matter of seeing if the extenders etc are out there to duplicate the functionality I'm already used to....
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

streetskater wrote:

Now it's just a matter of seeing if the extenders etc are out there to duplicate the functionality I'm already used to....

The 2117 extender (actually 2116 ext 2) is very nice - does everything you'd want, including add a protocol for custom LCD displays. It works device selection and temporary device selection slightly differently than the 1994 ext 5, so read the readme carefully, but it's a nice tool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Market Place All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: