JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Upgrade URC-9910 from posted upgrade file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radunn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Upgrade URC-9910 from posted upgrade file Reply with quote

I was provided a link for an upgrade file for the Samsung LN46A550 tv. It's zipped (*.txt). I am a newbie and need to know the next step(s) to use the file. I was also given the list of codes (if I did not have the JP1 cable) that work but prefer using the file as it appears to be a time saver.

I have the URC-9910; codes used for this TV is 0060 of which help informed me that the upgrade file/list of codes offered much more functionality.

Please advise me as to how to utilize the upgrade file; do I need to download files etc.? In advance, thank you for your time and support.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Upgrade URC-9910 from posted upgrade file Reply with quote

radunn wrote:
I was provided a link for an upgrade file for the Samsung LN46A550 tv.

If you provide us with that link, we can take a look at the file.
radunn wrote:
It's zipped (*.txt). I am a newbie and need to know the next step(s) to use the file.

Are you asking how to unzip a file?
radunn wrote:
I was also given the list of codes (if I did not have the JP1 cable) that work but prefer using the file as it appears to be a time saver.

Should we make the conclusion that you do in fact have a JP1 cable then?

radunn wrote:
I have the URC-9910; codes used for this TV is 0060 of which help informed me that the upgrade file/list of codes offered much more functionality.

Please advise me as to how to utilize the upgrade file; do I need to download files etc.? In advance, thank you for your time and support.

radunn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have the JP1 cable and know how to unzip files; when unzipped, it's a txt file.

Below is the link for the file. Note that I've already used the code 0060 for the TV and have downloaded tools: KM and RM.

File link:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5513

Orig Post:
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-one4all/thread.cgi?5537
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That file was created using KM but can be worked using either KM or RM. Once you're done changing the remote to your remote and re-arranging the buttons to suit your taste, you would copy the code block over to IR which you would use to load it into your remote.

The JP1 process is described here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help
radunn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob; really appreciate your fast replies!

When I run RM, all I get is a black DOS type command screen. What am I doing wrong. Running KM, I do get the user interface but clicking the Load button etc., does nothing. Going to "File - Open", I load the text file that changes the format of Excel. Any and all help is appreciated; thanks!!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to use RM you first need to install the JRE (Java Runtime Environment).

When you start KM it should ask you if it's OK to run macros, and you need to say YES in order for the LOAD button to work.

If it doesn't ask you the macro question, it means you have your security settings set too high.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please read RM's Readme for installation and usage instructions.

Also, if you are going to use RM, you should read the JP1 - Just How Easy Is It for RM Users
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: