JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas SA_7 keymove question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Atlas SA_7 keymove question Reply with quote

I tried to do a keymove on my neighbor's Atlas, it needed a 5 digit EFC so that was not an option so I created a helper upgrade and tried a keycode style keymove but it just wouldn't work. Has anyone done a keycode style keymove on an upgrade remote?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is the Atlas that works the same as the URC-6131, here's what you do.

1) Create a "helper" upgrade that has all the additional functions included in it, on any buttons, it doesn't matter.
2) Add the upgrade to the remote and assign it to a device button.
3) On the remote itself, copy the function from the upgrade-button to the desired button.
4) Re-program the original setup code back to the device button.

Here's an example. Let's say that you have a DVD player programmed to the DVD button, but the setup code or upgrade uses a 2-byte protocol (ie, you need 5 digit EFCs). And let's say that you want to program the PIP button with the EJECT function, but PIP isn't included in the DVD button set.

So, first you would create the normal upgrade that doesn't include the EJECT function, or if you're happy with the built-in setup code, that's fine too. Next, you would create a "helper" upgrade that just includes the EJECT function and it's assigned to the MENU button. (You could include any other functions that you'd like to program via keymoves also).

Next, you load both upgrades into the IR file, but you assign the helper upgrade to the DVD button instead of the real upgrade. Then you load it to the remote, then you do this...

1) Press DVD
2) Press and hold SETUP, 2 flashes
3) Type 994, 2 flashes
4) Press MENU, PIP, 2 flashes

Now you can re-program the real upgrade setup code to the DVD button.

Note: I'm only suggesting that you do this keymove on the remote to reduce the chance of error. You can actually do this sort of keymove using IR also by selecting the "key" radio button (rather than hex cmd or EFC) then selecting the "from" button from the "key" dropdown.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: