JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wanted: SW-code for URC-39711 B00-02
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
satori

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Wanted: SW-code for URC-39711 B00-02 Reply with quote

I have one of the 1st DM7000 delivered in Holland, with the URC-39711 B00-02 remote. (I have also 2x 7020 and ordered/waiting for an 8000). I have played with the programming of the remote and by using the 'factory reset': code 981 it went dead for the dreambox. The TV function works properly. I have tried the 1267 code, but I don't get it alive for the dreambox.

After reading this forum I have build straight away a JP1 programming interface and can read and write from/to the remote using ir.exe and the RDF-files. It finds that it's a ETPSTPS0, which corresponds with all info on this forum.

However, I miss the original code of this relatively old model.

Is there some out there who has read out the code of a working 39711 remote or can help me in any other way?

All help to get the remote back to work is very well appreciated.

Kind regards,
Satori
greenough1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you just need to load an upgrade for the dreambox (welcome to the wonderful world of JP1!). Look HERE for at least 6 dreambox upgrades. One or all should work. You might need to modify it in KM/RM to mode the buttons around as you like.

Best,
jeff
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another option is this, if you post the IR image from your remote, we can probably un-delete the upgrade that you wiped out when you did the 981 reset.
satori

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Jeff and Rob, Thanks for your very fast response.

I checked on the Dream-remote-versions you referred to, but these are either DM500 or DM7000 V2 remotes. My remote is a V1. What I see is that the size of the V2 and higher is bigger and the 500 is missing all recording, play, etc keys.

I will follow Robs' suggestion and will add the ir-file, which looks pretty empty to me.

[Edit: replaced hex with IR file - Rob]
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6043

Thanks again!

Kind regards
Jan
greenough1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan,

Upload your IR file in the diagnosis area (file section -> diagnosis area) HERE and post a link to the file back here so that we can find it easily. If anyone can recover a deleted upgrade, Rob can.

Read the beginner sticky HERE and look at the sections on KM and RM. Size of an upgrade is meaningless. Chances are you can load the upgrade into KM/RM and make it do what you want, but I know next to nothing about dreambox.

Best,
jeff
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the fixed IR file...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6044

If the file looks empty to you, you're not looking at the data starting at address $0100. When you do a reset, it changes the two pointer addresses at $0100 to "0104 0104" and it changes the data at $0104 to "00 00".

What I do is look for the lists of upgrades at the end of that data and when I have found the addresses, I put them back at the $0100 address. I also have to guess at the protocol id and put that in the $0104 spot.
satori

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeff and Rob,

I spent a long time reading, especially the technical parts, before I posted my, question and missed the use of the file-section. Sorry.

I have uploaded the fixed file, satori2.ir, to my remote with the following result.

1. The dreambox is still not responding at all.
2. The TV functions are still working
3. When a press a button in dream mode then the light on the remote is burning for approx 1-2 sec's. That is much longer than normal.
4. I did some checks by entering e.g. 1267 as code and that works again.

In a very long past I did some Zilog and intel assembly programming (as hobby), so I understand the principles of what you are writing.

If you have other good ideas, then I am open for that.

Thanks again for responding so fast. This hobby must cost you a lot of time!!

Kind regards,
Jan
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zilog is very close to S3C8, so you should be able to read the assembler if you're interested. In fact, when we first tried reverse engineering the code in the protocols we mistakenly thought it was Zilog.
greenough1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Rob did have to guess an item, so that might account for it not working.

Try a dreambox upgrade (start up KM, "load" the upgrade that you've already downloaded to your computer). Then:
- Change your remote type to match the remote you have
- look over the functions to see if the functions you want are there
- look over the buttons and check that you like the assignments

- copy the upgrade to IR (and protocol if it's needed), but adding a new device.
- assign this device to a device key

- test it.

The above is the really short version of how to add an upgrade to a JP1 remote using the JP1 tools.

jeff
satori

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

Thanks, that's very interesting.

In the mean time I checked carefully your changes in the IR-file and the KM file triggered me that I don't have all keys decribed in the protocol.
These keys don't give a flashing light on my remote.
In the description (in ir.exe under Devices) are 32 keys and I need 36. Missing are e.g. lame and mute.
I checked with the dream-V2 remote, using IR.exe and found them under 'Devices'. That gives at least the hex-command en EFC.
You filled in a 6C for the protocol, but the description comes up with 16C.
So perhaps something needs to change in the protocol.

I am playing on.

Kind regards
Jan

Last edited by satori on Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
satori

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeff,

I give it a try.

Thanks
Jan
satori

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob and Jeff,

I have followed Jeff's proposal and used the KM spreadsheet with the DreamboxDM7000.txt as input. Copied the devices and protocol sections into ir.exe, using Rob's file as basis, and coupled the aux to SHIFT-TV. After uploading to the remote most functions are now working in the SHIFT-TV mode. The 4 mentioned keys, like lame and mute are still not working properly. Mute is not working at all and lame is acting as the TV-ratio function (4:3, 9:16, auto etc).

So still some work to do, but it is 11:30 pm over here, so that will not be today Smile .

But the important thing is that we made major progress. Thanks for that!

Kind regards,
Jan
greenough1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Satori,
At least there's some progress.

Upload your latest IR file (along with a link back here), so we can see what's what.

Do the non-working keys show up on the button's page in KM? I see the lame button in Rob's upgrade that you used ( HERE , in twice (?) as EFC 082 and 16, but I think I'm misreading the file by eye without KM.

Maybe try creating a keymove for that key explicitly and see what that does.

Best,
jeff
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original remote had two device upgrades, SAT/1267 and SAT/1268, and one protocol upgrade, $016C. When I restored the addresses, the only two bytes missing where (a) byte2 of the protocol id, which I guessed to be 6C (making the full protocol id equal to "01 62") and (b) the digit map key, which I guessed to be zero as the numeric codes were in the upgrade itself. I am therefore very confident that I have restored the device upgrades to what they were previously. The only other change that I made in the upgrade code itself was to change the data on the '3' button for SAT/1267 from "03 12" to "03 00" as the "12" was obviously some spurious data that had crept in.

However, I just took a closer look at the protocol code itself and compared it to the official version, and I noticed a spot where a couple of zeroes had crept in, so I have fixed that and reloaded the file, so give it another try.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6044
satori

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Jeff,

I have included my latest file as described before. See link.

www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6046

@Rob, I will give it a try and will respond today. (It just crossed my posting). Then I really have to go to bed.

Kind regards,
Jan
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: