JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fision URC 2025BC2 Audio not syncing On with TV and STB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flycaster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:37 pm    Post subject: Fision URC 2025BC2 Audio not syncing On with TV and STB Reply with quote

I have a home surround sound system that is served by Hotwire, and I'm using their Fision URC remote control (URC 2025BC2...). Until recently, when selecting "Watch TV," the STB, the TV and the AVR (Yamaha TSR-7580) all would go ON and Off as one when so commanded. However, about 2-3 weeks ago, the AVR was not going on (TV and STB did go On) and had to be either turned On/Off manually or by the remote (press the Audio button and then the Power button just under Watch TV). I have tried a whole mess of codes for the AVR, but none worked to control the AVR's On/Off. Although, when coding, there were a few codes that indicated the AVR should have been controlled. That is, after putting in the last digit of these certain codes, the Audio button did blink twice, but never controlled the AVR. Now, to add another piece of info, I have a Logitech Harmony 1 that does control the whole system. Furthermore, I have a second URC 2025BC2 that dosn't turn the AVR On/Off via coding that should be working. Hope you guys can help. Thanks.

EDIT: Was able to have the remote turn the AVR On/Off (used find by auto searching for codes,) but it is out of sync with turning the TV and STB On. When pressing Watch TV, only TV and STB go On. I have to press the Audio icon and then the power icon to turn on the AVR. To turn all Off, select Watch TV and then Audio>power icons. How do I now get everything to work at once, all On and all Off, each at the same time. Thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't tell from your post whether you are a JP1 user or not. You've posted in a JP1 forum (rather than the Non-JP1 forum) but I suspect that might be a mistake.

If you are a JP1 user, I think it would help if we could see your RMIR file.

If you're not a JP1 user, it's going to be hard for us to diagnose your issues, but it would help if we knew exactly what programming you have done to this remote.
flycaster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I can't tell from your post whether you are a JP1 user or not. You've posted in a JP1 forum (rather than the Non-JP1 forum) but I suspect that might be a mistake.

If you are a JP1 user, I think it would help if we could see your RMIR file.

If you're not a JP1 user, it's going to be hard for us to diagnose your issues, but it would help if we knew exactly what programming you have done to this remote.

To tell you the truth, I'm really not sure why I posted to this forum (don't know what a JP1 user is,) other than I first posted to another forum where I was told to post here. As for prior programming, all I can say is that the remote was initially programmed by a Hotwire installer that enabled the remote to simultaneously allowed the STB, TV and AVR to go on and off when so commanded with one press of the Watch TV button. However, as stated above, the AVR got out of sync and apparently "lost" its code. I re-coded for the AVR by setting the remote to search for a proper code (AVR On and when code found, AVR turned off.) But, the problem now is that although the remote can work the AVR, it does not go On when both the TV and STB go On, and still using the remote, I have to manually turn it On (press Audio icon and then press power button on remote). Sorry, but this is the best I can do.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I just moved this thread to our non-JP1 forum to help make things clearer for anyone else reading it.

You were probably directed here because your remote is the type of remote that we program here, so we're experts.

If you were to buy a cable like the $10.56 one below, we can probably help you get this remote back to how it was, and maybe help you do lots of other improvements to it:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/263433221064

This cable has 6 individual connectors, whereas your remote really wants a 2*3 plug, so it will be a little fiddly to connect, but it should do for what you need. However, if you want to make it perfect by adding a 2*3 6-pin connector to the end, you can buy some for $9.27 from the link below (select 6-pin):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/304102714605
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: