JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Controlling an Amazon Firestick via Infrared

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul608085

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:26 am    Post subject: Controlling an Amazon Firestick via Infrared Reply with quote

I have an Amazon Firestick 4K whose remote works via Bluetooth, (I think?).

I have my Samsung TV and Firestick set up so that the Firestick's remote turns the TV on and off at the same time - I believe this protocol is called HDMI-CEC, possibly something else by other manufacturers.

This means that I currently have to use 2 remotes: my One-For-All URC8610 for the TV when using its own DTT tuner and selecting inputs, controlling the satellite receiver and DVD player etc, and the Firestick's Bluetooth one for controlling the 'stick.

Is it possible to convert the Firestick's Bluetooth signals to infrared, so that they can be programmed in to my One-For-All, picked up by the TV's IR sensor and passed to the Firestick over the HDMI connection.

Has anyone done this? A search of this forum and the Files section did not show up anything.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=101513
Paul608085

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=101513

Thanks.

Looking again, I think that I was putting the search terms in the "Search for Author" field originally! Embarassed
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul608085 wrote:
Looking again, I think that I was putting the search terms in the "Search for Author" field originally! Embarassed

Yeah, the search here is a bit different than most. The normal search function requires a database that links to all of the posts and it quite simply overflowed, so I had to come up with an alternative solution, and that's where the Google search function came into play.
n8nagel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning all,

I'm still looking for a solution that will allow me to control my living room with one single remote, and I do have and use quite frequently a Fire Stick 4K. I can't seem to find any solution that will work for a not eye watering price save "maybe" (can't find anyone with first hand experience except for one guy who just said it wasn't ready for prime time) a Sofabaton X1 which is still pretty expensive (I bought the U1 and it doesn't have soft keys so I can't change inputs on my AVR) So, I am likely sticking with my Xsight Color. Before I order, is this what I want to get to tie in my Fire Stick?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KPPQFF8

thanks!
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the inteset IReTV y adapter and works perfectly with the Fire tv 4K max
stick using the xbox 360 commands in whatever universal I try. It also controls the Onn Streaming device sold at Walmart for $19.88, using the same xbox 360 commands.

I mean it works for standard commands, if you're looking for the discrete channel commands, those I haven't found or looked for them in the xbox code set.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: