JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Enseo URC-67200BC1-028-R (Inteset INT-422) sig 3494
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:45 am    Post subject: A multi-pronged problem for a beginner Reply with quote

Yes my INT-422 battery compartment sticker is URC-67200BC1-028-R. so the INT-422 is the correct RDF
I cant think of much for pitfalls of this remote I only recently switched all my remotes to the URC-3660 before that i was using INT-422 which is a nice remote for my needs
Tacobilly93

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keen!

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.
Tacobilly93

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:40 pm    Post subject: Different Key Layouts Reply with quote

Greetings,

I've been going through all the recommended reading and videos and I've started to dive into reprogramming.

I've noticed one thing that doesn't quite jive. The remote discovered in RMIR comes back to me as a Inteset-422, however the key layout isn't what I got in front of me. The real bummer is that the button I want to use for a set top box (located directly under the TV button in the middle of the Enseo remote) is not shown in the button layout. How would I go about mapping commands to a button that isn't shown?

https://i.imgur.com/5gmGLhJ.jpg

https://imgur.com/H4jOwp4.png
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 2 options as to what UEI did when they created your remote.

They either used the chip from the INT-422 in this different remote, or they used the complete internals from the INT-422 and just masked off some buttons.

The only way to really tell is for you to program each of the buttons using RMIR and see which functions show up in the wrong place. I bet all the buttons on your remote are present in RMIR, they may just be labeled wrong. However, there will almost certainly be buttons available in RMIR that are not available on your remote.

Have you learned how to create an upgrade yet?
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That big yellow Guide & menu keys on Enseo remote, on a true Inteset 422 that line is three buttons. Two on the edge and one in the middle, those keys would fall in-between Inteset remote keys?
Tacobilly93

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't learned how to do an upgrade just yet. However, between the Grok Shops videos and the wiki, I think I understand the process.

Since I am just fact finding right now, would I create functions with sequential hex values, assign them to buttons, upload the upgrade, then use my iLearn to read which button actually sent what value?

You are right about the masking off of buttons. If I press my finger and run it along the remote just above the colors, I can feel where the other buttons should've been installed.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you need is an upgrade for a device that you have, then you load that upgrade into your remote and assign functions to all of the buttons. Then you test the remote and see which functions ended up on the wrong buttons. Most will be correct, but take the GUIDE button for example, will that turn up on the button labeled GUIDE or will it turn up in the spot where GUIDE is on the INT-422? Once you've got some test results to share, we can look at making a new version of the INT-422 RDF for you where it is customized for your remote.
Tacobilly93

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, that makes more sense than what I suggested.

I don't really have a device that could utilize all the buttons. For instance, I have a TV and I found the upgrade for it in the files section. Problem is, there are more buttons on the remote than there are functions for the TV.

Would you suggest doubling up some of the functions and taking note of the results?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't double up in one go, because for example, if you put the MENU button in 2 places, how will you know which one is showing up on the INFO button?

What you can do is create 2 or 3 different upgrades, with the functions assigned to different buttons, so hopefully you can cover all of the buttons in the RMIR version of the remote.

The main thing you appear to be missing on your version of the remote are the device buttons, so it looks like it's intended to be a single device remote. If you would like it to be a multi-device remote, you have 2 options. 1. you could open up the holes where the device buttons are supposed to be and fabricate some new buttons, or 2. you could designate any buttons of your choice to be the device buttons. For example, if you don't need the 4 colored buttons, you could decide to treat them as device buttons. Then you could put a macro on the Yellow button that includes the A device button, you could put a macro on the Blue button that contains the B device button, etc.
Tacobilly93

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that too in RMIR.

There were eight devices listed, but only one I could edit. Which makes me think there's extensions or something else going on.

Enseo makes set top boxes for hospitality. So it wouldn't surprise me if there's something special to these remotes. For what I am trying to accomplish, macros on the color buttons might help. Or as someone suggested with the Inteset-422, I roll up my sleeves with extensions.

https://imgur.com/sdysU7J
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no extensions going on.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacobilly93 wrote:
There were eight devices listed, but only one I could edit. Which makes me think there's extensions or something else going on.

It's not surprising to us as we see this a lot. UEI simply re-used an existing remote, or at least the chip from it, to create a new remote for Enseo, and as Enseo is an OEM they only needed 1 device mode.

However, thru the magic of JP1, you can expand the remote's functionality.

And like I said, if you post the results of your button tests, I will create a new RDF for this remote specifically.
Tacobilly93

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here's the long awaited results of my button testing. I used a device upgrade for a Insignia television I have for testing purposes. I broke the Enseo remote upgrades into 5 sections and used the number functions for the television to confirm buttons.

Enseo Buttons = Inteset-422 file buttons

The Same
Setup = Setup
Power = Power
Info = Info
Up = Up
Down = Down
Left = Left
Right = Right
Vol+ = Vol +
Vol - = Vol -
Last = Last
Mute = Mute
Ch + = Ch +
Ch - = Ch -
1 = 1
2 = 2
3 = 3
4 = 4
5 = 5
6 = 6
7 = 7
8 = 8
9 = 9
0 = 0
Enter = Enter

Different
Movies = Red
Back = Guide
Exit = Back
Guide = Pip-Frs
Menu =
Input = Rew
TV = Play
Format = FFwd
CC = Stop
Blank = Pause
Sleep = Green
. = Input
Yellow = Pip-Swap
Blue = Pip-Mute
Red = Pip Ch -
Green = Zoom

You will notice that the device buttons A/B/C/D and the Display button are not included. I removed the cover to the upper part of the remote and can confirm those button do not physically exist on the Enseo.

The Menu button is weird. When I load up the original upgrade that I saved when I first got the remote and perform an IR capture, I get some info. I still need to decode what it is, but I cannot confirm what kind of binding the physical button has. I suspect it is tied to what are labeled as 'phantom buttons'. There are 10 phantom buttons that have functions tied to them, but without a way to press those buttons, I am not sure how to identify them.
Tacobilly93

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
That big yellow Guide & menu keys on Enseo remote, on a true Inteset 422 that line is three buttons. Two on the edge and one in the middle, those keys would fall in-between Inteset remote keys?

These remotes were altered for Enseo it seems. The two large yellow buttons have bindings that do not line up with the true Inteset-422 layout.

So far I have discovered that the Guide button is actually one of the hidden/covered buttons from the bottom of the remote.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an RDF, map and image:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26590
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: